Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb - Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier NaturtrübPaulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb

Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: SixpointJMH on 08-17-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb Alström Bros
4.58/5  rDev +13.4%

Poured into a pint glass from a 12 oz. bottle.

Cloudy, rich coppery-orange with a fluffy, lacy white head. Looks like a great hefe-weizen. The nose is full of citrusy notes, undertones of banana and hints of fresh, spicy banana bread. Lots of carbonation welcomes in the tasty, complex bread. Lots of balanced flavors start to finish. Sweet start with hints of banana, spicy and lightly bittered middle with plenty of spicy notes and a tangy, short finish. Medium mouthfeel with plenty of carbonation that fits perfectly with the flavors. Really tasty, easily drinkable and nicely balanced flavors make this a classic for the style.

4.72/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

WOW, what more can I add, other than this is by far the best hefe that I have ever had the privelege of drinking.

A - Deep orange/flame color. Good head that holds reasonaably well.

S - Fruity, with tones on citrus and banana.

T - A typical whilst pleasant weissbier, with dominant banana/toffee tones.

M - Perfect carbonation, and exceptionally well balanced.

D - Very drinkable, even after a 500ml, you certainly can go for more, unlike many other weissbier that I've drunk.

Overall, personnaly, the best weissbier I've had to date.

4.28/5  rDev +5.9%

Served in a massive weizen glass (22oz?) with a lemon wedge already in it. I left it in there, simply because I had nothing other than my hands to fish it out with. As a result, this will effect the flavor I know.

A - Gorgeous hazy golden yellow which fades slowly to a deep orange. Nice head, great retention. Excellent presentation.

S - Very potent (of course) citrus aromas, and a bit of yeast.

T - Spices are significantly muted, but that didn't bother me as much as I would have thought, because the big citrus/yeast characters are so refreshing and tasty.

M - Creamy medium body, nice smooth feel on the palate. Great carbonation level.

D - Too good. This disappeared far too fast. Excellent Hefe and a definite recommendation. I'm going to look for some bottles to stock up on myself.

3.78/5  rDev -6.4%

A: Pours a cloudy pale orange/yellow color. A huge white head forms, but recedes after a while and leaves some patchy lace. About average for a hefe.
S: A faint clove, citrus, banana, and floral aromas.
T: Follows the nose pretty closely, as in all hefe's this is the aspect I like best. Plenty of banana and citrus flavor as mentioned above.
M/D: A very crisp beer, and a bit over carbonated. This is an easy drinking beer, and good session in the summer. Very refreshing.

A quafable and enjoyable beer, like any good hefe should be. Though, it does not knock my socks off, but I would still recommend this.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: A cloudy amber with orange brown stain colour and very creamy haed that stick around the glass
Smell: Malty wheat with minimal hop aroma, Spiciness and some of odor that remind me lemon peel
Taste: Medium body, Minimal sweet at the tip of your tounge, Well balance for fruity and bitterness stain with a little spicy and lemon flavor, refreshing with nutty aftertaste. Carbonation is well blend with the other flavor.
Drinkability: Compare to Weihenstephaner Hefe- Weissbier this beer is more easy to drink but lack of strong flavor that fulfil my need.
Overall: Excellent Hefe-weizen for all more drinkable and best for the one who want to know this beer better.

4.03/5  rDev -0.2%

This beer pours a cloudy deep orange color. The head is massive, billowy, and fluffy. It is three inches in height, and bright white in color. This is how a hefe should look. The aroma is of cloves, bubblegum, and had a tangy wheat note. The taste has a little more bubblegum than the aroma, and a little less clove. The mouthfeel is medium bodied, with a chewy texture, and appropriately high carbonation. Overall, this is a fine hefe, and I will certainly drink it again.

3.58/5  rDev -11.4%

This is my first review.

I thought this was a beautiful natural wheat with tons of head, nice lacing and a nice rich orange color that I find very appealing. The smell is somewhat more fruity than I like, but is still very pleasant with notes of banana, citrus, hops and a slight tint of alcohol. As already said in another review, the taste closely follows the smell, with a lot of fruit and spice coming through. It finishes somewhat bitter and leaves a slight dry feeling in the mouth, somewhat like a persimmon. Toward the end of the beer, its starts leaving a lot to be desired.

Decent, not the best. I will get this again. Wheat Ales are my favorites, and I look forward to adding this beer to my rotation.

3.18/5  rDev -21.3%

A- Pours a cloudy yellow with a slight orange tint. Good white head that hung around for about half the beer very light lacing.

S- Smell of wheat, citrus and banana

T/M- Taste of banana very light. Heavily carbonated al most to the point of too much.

D- Very good, I like wheats and there is defiantly better once out there, but all in all this one is good.

3.9/5  rDev -3.5%

This beer is a cloudy amber/straw color with a thick and foamy white head that dissipates slowly. Patchy lacing. Aromas of citrus, wheat and clove dominate. Medium body with a nice array of flavors. Wheat, grainy malt, banana and spices are all intermingled with an underlying tartness. The finish is yeast and bananas followed by a light hops aftertaste. Pretty good all around.

4.43/5  rDev +9.7%

Poured this one into my Meantime tulip glass. cloudy dark-yellow color and a decent head that lasts a few minutes. This beer smells a lot like the typical quality hefeweizen: damn good. Banana, cloves, wheat, some citrusy zest. Love it. Actually makes me salivate. Taste is very much in the same spirit as the smell, but the lemony tang is much more pronounced. Its like the brewers thought, "look, you don't need to add a lemon to kill the head and spoil the flavor, we've already got something citrusy delicious." Its a nice flavor there, and has a unique effect on the mouthfeel. Its creamy, chewy, juicy, yet the peppery lemon tang accentuates the lightness of the body. The brew is more filling than one might expect based on its lightness, but still very drinkable. I love the hefeweizen style and this is right up with the best of them. I'd like to try the naturturb or however you spell it for a comparison.

3.13/5  rDev -22.5%

Hmm. I loved the Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen so I wanted to give this one I shot.

Very cloudy pour with a nice thick head and some fairly decent lacing.

Smelled just like bananas. Very prominent. A little bready as well

I was a little disappointed with the flavor on this one. It definitely had the banana notes to it and some yeast but I was hoping for a little more from it.

This wasnt a bad beer but I dont' know if I would go out of my way to find it again.

3.48/5  rDev -13.9%

into the tulip

A - Nice. Hazy medium color, white 1.5 inch head that reduces quickly. Sudsy lacing.

S - Baaanana. Tropical fruits. Good nose.

T & M - More banana. I like banana, so my review refects this. Perhaps a bit thin and more carbonation than I would like.

D - Done with it after one.

3.43/5  rDev -15.1%

hazy light amber pour. nice head up top. the suds release some very wheaty scents and a hint of the usual german wheat yeast characteristics

the flavor sports quite a bit more bubblegum and clove. there's a hoppy lemon zing, as well. quite wheaty, with appropriate dryness on the palate. fairly thirst-quenching, as well

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Nice cloudy dark golden color to it. Banana aromas with a citrus popping up a little. Banana taste with some spicy undertones. Medium body to it. Pretty good feel for a hefe. Light spicy mouthfeel and smooth palate. Easy to drink... like any wheat, not a tough one to knock down all night.

3.38/5  rDev -16.3%

Only my second hefe and my first review. Poured into a tumbler, my weizen glass was at home.
A: dark orange, cloudy with frothy white head, about a finger

S: banana bread with slight hint of citrus? and slight alcohol coming through

T: banana and wheat, with alcohol taste a little stronger than the first hefe I tried.

M: mild to light, little more carbonation than I prefer

Overall: not a horrible beer by any means, not what I prefer, but could drink another one if offered.

4.13/5  rDev +2.2%

Although this is up there with some of the best, this is not the greatest hefe I've ever tried... The taste is more subtle and subdued than some other brews in this category I've tried, but the appearance and drinkability really make this a very good beer. I would definitely recommend this to anyone a fan of this particular style. The flavor is not overwhelming, but there is a nice coriander/wheat taste that is very pleasing and leaves you wanting another one... A good, solid brew that can be enjoyed any time... Go for this one...

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

12oz bottle poured into a my Red Lodge Ales pint glass.

A: partly cloudy golden yellow with a nice 1 inch white head, mostly bubbles, that dissipates quickly to a small, 1/8 inch layer

S: mostly yeast with some lemon in the background rounded out by some mild spices

T: yeasty banana with surprisingly little citrus considering the smell, very smooth and creamy in the beginning with the citrus coming in right towards the end, slight bitterness in the finish

M: Surprisingly carbonated, a little too much for my taste, but I'm not super familiar with hefe weizens, so it may be just me

D: Terrific. Smooth, complex enough to be interesting, but subtle enough to be a session beer. The best in the way of mass market hefe weizens.

2.85/5  rDev -29.5%

Bottle just a few days before drink before date, maybe had an effect on rating.

a: cloudy/hazy; medium orangish/rust with very minimal head and limited head retention

s: appley yeast flavor comes through the w/ a little bit of rusty/iron smell; overall not too fragrant

t: sort of thick bloody/irony flavor first to come through; followed by hints of hoppiness and finishing with yeasty/malty sweetness; slightly unpleasant wineyness present as well

m: nicely carbonated and light but slightly syrupy/cloying for style

d: ultimately a pretty flavorless beer and a little too cloying to be a good session as well

3.95/5  rDev -2.2%

Im reviewing this beer while listening to the german band called Sanitys Dawn.Now I didnt used ti like Hefe's but something clicked in my head one time and I bought a bottle of HP and it was great and since then I have been craving hefes.I know its not the ideal weather for a Hefe but who cares...Im not counting.

Pours a HUGE head,like 5 fingers and im not even done pouring in the rest of the beer.But the head is while and very fluffy on top.The body looks like cloudy piss with some nice carbonation coming up from the top.The yeast slowly falls to the bottem of the glass.

I smell banana and pepper and mabey some orange and lemon.

The taste is very light with yeast,wheat and banana and pepper mostly in the taste.I think there may be a bubble gum taste in there as well.

The mouthfeel has a nice feel and pleasent carbonation.

This is a good beer but the one I had before is better IMO.I would buy it again.Finally somthing from Heiny that is worthwhile.

3.68/5  rDev -8.9%

I poured the Natural Wheat into a weizen glass. The head was large and dissipated slowly. Had a cloudy golden orange color. The smell has a sweetness to it, and a little spice. I also smell hops and a little wheat. The taste starts off with hops and wheat, then the spice takes over, leaving a tingling sensation on the tongue. I really like the mouth feel on this beer, good carbonation too.

Overall: I really like this beer, I would drink it again. Don't think I would drink more than one in a sitting however. The spice is nice at first, but by the time you finish the beer it gets kind of old. It is definitely worth a try.

3.9/5  rDev -3.5%

Big fluffy hefe head on a golden body. Very pleasing visually.
Smells of a mix of banana and cloves with some good yeasty odor undertones.
Tastes of cloves that give way to a ripe banana. Sticky wheat comes through as well
Leaves a clean aftertaste. Feel is somewhat gummy from the wheat, but gives way to a clean finish.
Nice representation of the style. Not the best of the bunch, but done right.

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

Pours a cloudy orange with quite a large head. Not very much smell, wheat with a hint of cloves. Cloves dominant in the flavor, along with wheat, hints of ripe banana and a vague background lemon. Mouthfeel very smooth and light. Maybe I've been drinking too many dark beers lately, I didn't find this as amazing as some people did. It's nice and light with some pleasant flavors, but lacked complexity for me. Not a bad beer by any means, but not worth the $11 I paid for the 6.

4.3/5  rDev +6.4%

The pour presents a hazey unfiltered wheat beer with what can be an explosive head if poured without care.

The smell is typical of quality Hefe's; quite simply mouth watering. It's mainly comprised of spice and wheat, but there is a certain fruity aroma to it also.

Up front I taste cloves, pepper and banana with a bready sweetness. There's a touch of lemon before the nutty aftertaste rolls through.

The mouthfeel is one that is simultainiously creamy but crisp, thanks to its unfiltered brewing process and relatively high carbonation. Refreshing and invigorating.

Probably the best Hefe I've had - a stand out brew. Highly recommended!

4.03/5  rDev -0.2%

A - Pours a bright hazy orange color with white head that goes down pretty fast

S - Mostly spices stand out for the smell

T - The spices stand out and some hops flavor

M - Medium carbonation good feel

D - Good taste and mouthfeel made this a good brew I will most likely pick this beer up again

3.7/5  rDev -8.4%

Appearence : pale unfiltered wheat beer
Smell : cloves, coriander and ginger aroma
Taste : sweetish taste with clove
Mouthfeel : more clove in the finish
Drinkability : A good hefe weiss brewered by Paulaner. Archetypal wheat beer with lots of cloves (exactly what you would expect from this style)

Thierry (13/10/2007)