Quilmes - Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes / Grupo Bemberg

poor

Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes / Grupo Bemberg visit their website
Argentina

American Adjunct Lager |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-11-2002)

Kikat2680, Jan 26, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +68.5%

Quilmes is great! It is very drinkable but is like a quality friend who doesn't stand out. You can hang out with him forever, and he's a bit nicer than the average guy, but he's a bit plain.
I've yet to try the other varieties, but I'd like to try a pumpkin one if they made it.

Vashtar, Nov 01, 2010
4.5/5  rDev +68.5%

When I taste this beer it takes me back to my culture and heritage.

MarcosSiedi, Sep 05, 2014

Dapperticus, Mar 05, 2013
4.13/5  rDev +54.7%

I cannot believe this beer has a C-. This is a great beer. Quilmes is a Macro beer from Argentina, but none the less, it has a craft beer taste to it. This is hands down one of the best beers I have ever had. Not the best, but one of the best lol. Anyways, I bought my ex brother in law a 12 pack of 'Beers around the World' from Giant Eagle (grocery store that has a lot of micro brews, which is nice) Most of these beers were from macro breweries from, well, around the world. So, me and him decided to share the beers on Christmas Eve a few years back, and I was pretty surprised with Quilmes. It was so refreshing, but it was pretty complex IMO. I just want to give some props to this beer.

Poured a 12oz bottle, with a cool shape to it, into a big fat beer mug.

A- Very light, almost white, very little to no head, and a very minuscule amount of lacing.

S- Not much going on, but it didn't ruin the beer. Sort of a light lemony smell, with a smell that reminded me of Original Coors, gross :)

T- Very crisp and refreshing. Not too hoppy, sort of buttery, with some complex taste I couldn't quite put my finger on. Taste great though

M- Very light on the palate, no metallic taste going on here. Almost like a mix of Sam Adam's White Ale and Coors Light, weird combo but tasty

D- Super Drinkable, a great session beer. You could probably pound a whole 12 pack of this without a hangover due to its light body and flavor.

I tried it a few more times and I still loved it. I know there isn't much going on with this beer, but this is my opinion and I think it is an excellent macro beer. I would drink this over Sam Adams Light any day (it kind of reminds me of that). Give this beer a second try if you get the chance and really examine it this time.

BaerBeer, Apr 05, 2009
4.05/5  rDev +51.7%

Quilmes has a thick, white head, and a clear, bubbly, yellow-golden appearance, with thick lacing left behind on the glass. The aroma is of pungent, semi-sweet barley malt, and the flavor is of sweet, sugary, bready malts and the slightest touch of hop bitterness at the end. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Quilmes finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and wonderful. Bravo!

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Dec 04, 2012
4.04/5  rDev +51.3%

RandoB, Sep 29, 2014

RobMor, Mar 10, 2012

WestHam973, Oct 24, 2014

RedWeizen83, Jun 08, 2013

Well, another good lager beer for hot days. IT is not that great, but is good for refreshing. Very crystal and light Yellow. Although I got i a little frozen. IS the most comercial beer in Argentina, and there is even a Football team with that name, and a lot fo teams has the QUILMES name in the T-Shirts.

nekronos, Oct 14, 2005

Poured into a small pilsner glass. Pours pale golden with a white head that dissipates a little slower than the typical adjunct lager. Some lacing is left on the side of the glass. There is a lot of carbonation present in this beer as made evident by abundant streaming bubbles rising in this beer. The aroma is of bready malts with a little bit of sweetness. There's a touch of grassiness from the hops. The flavor is grainy and bready with some sweetness. The hops do provide some mild flavor that's a little grassy. There's not much back end hop bitterness. The body is light with strong carbonation. The beer finishes crisp and clean. This is a highly drinkable beer that is a very good beer overall.

acevenom, Dec 21, 2012

Jpenner, Jul 19, 2014
3.9/5  rDev +46.1%

This is a great import beer. Not too heavy of a taste, but the elements that are there are tied together nicely and make a delicious beer. It is extremely easy drinking and would go down smooth and refreshing on a summer day. From the moment I cracked this bottle I was in love. What a good buy.

JesseP09, Apr 17, 2009
3.88/5  rDev +45.3%

Has a nice straw color, and a decent head.
Smells of a nice floral lager, not like the basic skunk smell.
Tastes refreshing has a bit of a weird aftertaste however.
The taste of this beer is actually a nice one that I could drink repeatedly for an entire 24 hours.

A better beer in my quest for a great lager.

Spineypanda, Mar 17, 2010
3.85/5  rDev +44.2%

While Quilmes doesn't have the best appearance or smell, it does the job on taste and on my buzz. I usually have these at the local Argentinian restaurant here in Miami. This goes great with the churrasco steak and the other dishes they serve. I have found it best to be enjoyed when the bottle is nice and cold. I usually take a sip from the bottle before pouring it into a chilled glass.

The appearance isn't anything out of this world, neither is the smell, but the taste is amazing. Very smooth and no nasty after taste. Great for on the beach or at home, give it a shot.

AntonioBeerTona, May 24, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +40.4%

I find Quilmes a great beer, even though it is mass produced and distributed. It pours light golden, with little fizzle bubbles, and medium/average head. it has a hoppy taste, with hints of tropical fruits, citric, and rice,. It drinks smooth, with a mild edge, and mild aftertaste. It leaves the plate refreshed and wanting more. It is widely sold in the United States.

ChristopherWIU-UTPA, Apr 10, 2014

atlbravsrno1, Aug 15, 2014

rmf55, Oct 07, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +40.4%

esay and light drink, good for summer time

vinnicheers, Thursday at 01:02 PM
3.73/5  rDev +39.7%

This beer poured a yellow that was nearly a gold with a wonderful thick white head that lasted quite some time and left a nice lace on the sides of the glass.

This beer's aroma was delightful and perfect for the style. The malt and the hops both came through but at a level that neither dominated.

The taste was more muted than I had hoped after the excellent appearance and aroma. Don't get me wrong. This beer does not taste bad. It just not have enough taste. The malt and the hops are balanced, but the bitterness is never promenent. The taste is clean and has no side tastes.

The mouthfeel is medium light and has a clean refreshing feeling behind.

I really like this beer for sitting around telling lies and eating BBQ. I will most certainly pick some more up to have on hand.

LarryKemp, May 05, 2004
3.68/5  rDev +37.8%

Color: pours like water with a yellow tint. sits crystal clear gold.

Smell: slightly malty. some adjuncts. pretty clean

Taste: slight malty sweetness. lots of corn and rice. slightly sweet finish

Mouthfeel: light body. moderate carbonation.

Notes: well, i think the only other adjunct ive had was a leinie. so in that context, and being from argentina, not a bad job i guess.

Frosty80, Mar 11, 2009
3.65/5  rDev +36.7%

Quilmes is the most popular beer in Argentina, but that doesnt mean its the best one. It used to be better some years ago, unfortunatly I think its flavour became worst when they became extremly massive. its not a very smooth beer, but its very light, refreshing and cheap.

is smooth in taste, not like water but is indeed very light

bunbury, Jun 22, 2006
3.65/5  rDev +36.7%

We all gotta drink something Argentenian sometime. It's in our nature, our subconscious; Freud and all that stuff. We need it inside us. It's an urge. Giving into it once and only once, as an experiment, is not a sign of a personal lifestyle choice, an unshakable orientation, a bent, a tendency, or a hope to replace the being of one's self with an emblem, a shiny beer standing in for old mynie.

It's just something that happens.

Pours dark pils gold wiht a decent, short lived head. Good lacing. All that noise. Warrants a 3.5, and if it tasted better I probably would've upped it, to even everything else up.

Smells remarkably fresh for something imported from so far away and sold to me as a toss off in the single bottle rack. Deep pilsener grain. No hint of adjunct. No real hop presence, though. And not very complex.

Tastes nice and dry, light nodes of floral grain, hay, and weeds with just a kiss of the creaminess you get with a really superior Euro pils. Could use some hops, but really it's pretty good for what it is.

I kind of feel silly now, after having written such a rambling explanation about why I bothered to try this beer, in spite of its rather poor ratings. Seriously, this ain't bad in the least.

mynie, Sep 09, 2006
3.63/5  rDev +36%

Pours a clear straw gold. Good sized white head, but it falls very fast. Nose is typical, but no skunky attributes or metallic tones at all. Slight earthy tone going on. Flavor is very uneventful. Just typical macro lager style. Minimal flavor impact. Still though, it isn't total garbage. Feel has a good amount of carbonation on it. Typical liquid feel. Drinkable sure. It is what it is. I am sure it would be even better if I was stuck somewhere in Argentina and no Duvel was to be found anywhere. Decent enough to try, but no great shakes here. Way better than most macro crap, though.

RblWthACoz, Jan 01, 2008