Polar Pilsen - Cervecería Polar

poor

Cervecería Polar visit their website
Venezuela

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Polar Pilsen acompaña a los venezolanos desde 1941, con la misma dedicación, constancia y esfuerzo que le pone el venezolano día tras día a todo lo que hace. Cumplimos 70 años acompañando y aportando una esencia que es y seguirá siendo Polar Pilsen, nuestro auténtico sabor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-08-2002)

pixarnick, Jun 08, 2014
1.13/5  rDev -56%

Bottle: Poured a golden colored beer with almost no head. No aroma and taste is very weak. No surprise here since I didn’t expect much to begin with anyway. What is worth mentioning though is that the bottle is made in the shape of a baseball bat and will make an interesting addition to my bottle collection.

Phyl21ca, May 25, 2004
1.25/5  rDev -51.4%

Elbrownbag, Apr 13, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -41.6%

Campodog, Jan 18, 2012
1.55/5  rDev -39.7%

I got this beer during a recent trip to Aruba.

A: Pours a straw-yellow, almost clear body with a small, white head that pretty much fizzles away immediately; nothing impressive at all.

S: The smell for this beer is missing. Almost odorless, like water, with faint hints of watered down bread and corn smells. Slight sourness.

T: The taste is very similar to the smell. Watered down and mostly bready and corny with sour, yeasty aftertaste. I would say it's most likely the equivalent to the water run-off from the mash after it's done being steeped.

M: Watery and very thin, which pretty much matches the smell and the taste, so nothing really exciting there.

D: Not a very impressive mouthfeel and taste combo and a taste that made this beer more annoying than tolerant. If I see the beer on the ice-cap, I am definitely avoiding it in the future. Next time I go to Aruba, I'm staying on the Balashi train.

maddogruss, Jul 02, 2010
1.8/5  rDev -30%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

Bottle with a strange measure (237 ml.). Pours a a very pale golden colour, almost no head and it doesn't hold. Smell... well, I guess could spend the whole bottle trying to find one. Light body, almost no carbonation. Palate is about nothing too, water with some malt. Drinkable? Sure, like water. I guess one can drink this in a hot weather, but there's really nothing much to say.

janubio, Aug 11, 2010

aquazr1, Oct 16, 2014

dexterk1, Oct 20, 2013

smartassboiler, May 02, 2014

JimmyMPR, Jul 01, 2014

Luiz0930, May 31, 2013
2.03/5  rDev -21%

This brew pours a light straw color with no head, and leaves no lace. There is no hop aroma and malty aroma nothing this is bad. A taste of nothing but a little hops that is about it. This is a beer from Aruba and it sucks. I had a friend bring some beer back from there and this is some of what he brought me.

Cheers

kunzbrew, Jan 20, 2003
2.15/5  rDev -16.3%

***The name on the bottle was 'Polar Pilsner', but I have confirmed this is the same beer as Tipo.***

Going back a couple of weeks through my notes for this one, which I found at a Hispanic grocery while trekking around in the Miami heat.

Pale yellow, mid to high carbonation. Average white head. Aroma was minimal, but a few hops were in there plus a bit of corn starchiness. The mildly hoppy flavour was intertwined with an offputting cereal graininess. One-dimentional and plastic, though it did at least quench my thirst. Little finish that I could note.

This is not a good quality beer by any means, though not the foulest I've tried.

Imbiber, Feb 23, 2004
2.15/5  rDev -16.3%

Right on the beach of Margarita in the Carribean Sea near the Venezuelian coast. This bottle was transfert by the waiter in a plastic glass. Clear in colour, little white head, no smell, no taste but very refreshing. Thin on the mouth very easy drinking for the hot summer days.

rodenbach99, Feb 26, 2009
2.2/5  rDev -14.4%

Had this down in Miami, bought a six-pack at a Publix, wish it was a one pack.

Pure nothingness. Club soda yellow,no head. Stinky euro skunk in the aroma and TONS of cooked veggies in the flavor. Crisp in the texure, but still, I feel for the pour soles in Venz that would have to drink this on a daily basis.

Vancer, Nov 02, 2006
2.25/5  rDev -12.5%

jaydoc, Dec 29, 2013
2.25/5  rDev -12.5%

SVD, Yesterday at 12:49 PM
2.33/5  rDev -9.3%

Had this on my trip to Curacao. It was awhile ago but I took note and wrote it down. Poured a straw yellow and carbonated much like a macro with similar taste. If you ever go to a the "ABC" islands, my suggestion would be amstel bright. Of course happy hour at the tiki bar served these for $10 a bucket of 6. So I drank alot of these on the beach.

hoppheadIPA, Nov 30, 2008
2.45/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Can brought back to me from Aruba by my parents, normal fizzy pilsner style beer in the vein of other American lager, fairly refreshing but nothing spectacular please see any other review by me for this style to know my opinion because this is no different.

TheDeuce, Feb 24, 2006
2.45/5  rDev -4.7%

-My brother in law used to drink this in Venezuela growing up. He can get it now in Miami so he brought me a couple to try.

This beer pours pale and yellow, with medium carbonation and no head or lacing to speak of. There was almost no aroma but I did detect a hint of hops. The taste was very bland and non-offensive. The beer is dry, crisp, and refreshing.

Reflection: If I was at a ballgame on a hot summers day I think I would enjoy knocking a few of these back, but this beer lacks any flavor and is not a quality beer by anyone's standards.

Kookiekwan, Nov 11, 2004
2.48/5  rDev -3.5%

Picked up a sixer at the self proclaimed "southernmost grocery store in the US" in Key West, Florida. Bottle design is slightly different from the one shown, with the bear walking towards you and out of the crest. Pale straw color with mucho carbonation but zero head, just a rim of bubbles around the mouth of my pint glass. Nose is faint but what's there is artificial smelling and pretty nasty.

Tastes pretty much like I expected: watery and laced with mediocre hops. Decently crisp with a passably clean finish. Not a drain pour as I feared after a gander and a whiff but not quite in the neighborhood of okay, let alone good. Probably refreshing on a hundred and whatever day in Caracas, but not much to offer in NC in Feb..

daliandragon, Feb 11, 2007

crobinso, Aug 24, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -2.7%

Bottle brought to me by my brother, thanks John, as he was on a Carribbean cruise. Encouraged by those he brought it from to drink very cold, so I've been storing this in my garage (December in MN should be could enough). Nice label on painted bottle (which I'll keep for homebrew) and on the cap (which left a rust ring on the bottle).

Aroma presents with a very sweet malt. Fairly clean and typical.
Yellow-gold. Water clear. 1/2 inch white head that dimished to a ring only in time.
Flavor is a mix of the slightly sweet malt up front, then mild bitterness and finishes with a pretty heavy dryness that lingers long for style. Not blended all that well, but an interesting mix.
Appropriately thin with moderate carbonation for style. Dryness is both good and bad for thirst quenching properties.
The dryness really stands out. Very easy to drink quickly (I wasn't that thirsty and it went down very fast). This prevented me from letting it warm, but that may be just as well as I would predict it wouldn't hold up so well. Not a classic, but I can see having this when it's hot out and the beer is very cold. It'll do just fine then.

garymuchow, Dec 29, 2005