Zhu Jiang Draft Beer - Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery Co. Ltd.

Zhu Jiang Draft Beer
No picture uploaded.

Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery Co. Ltd.
China

Euro Pale Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: basica on 12-20-2007)
Reviews by ChrisCage:
2.58/5  rDev +8.9%

This can is direct from China, sent to me Aug '10...never tried this one while there myself...

A- Typical Chinese lager color...clear, and pale yellow/dry grass. There is a very thin fizzy head that disappears about as quickly as it formed, leaving literally nothing behind. Lots of lumbering carbonation rises to the top. Non existent lacing on the side of the glass....just some spotty film. The only thing saving this score from a solid one is the old school pop top

S- Very little aroma...I can smell some of the "high quality rice" that is stated as an ingredient on the side of the can, which keeps this very clean smelling. My wife summed this up best by saying that this smells just like her Bud Select 55!

T- More of the same here....just mainly clean tasting rice, very mild sweet malt and perhaps some corn...nothing else really but I will say that it isn't offensive. No hop bitterness whatsoever on the finish. Wife also mentioned that she liked her Bud Select 55 better, hehe!

M- Thin bodied and lots of scrubbing carbonation to keep this a very clean, very crisp feeling brew. Doesn't really remind me of anything except adjunct laden white rice.

O- It is what it is...China still has a ways to go when it comes to their beer industry....everything tastes virtually the same but I will say this, again...I would drink this all day, as it's so easy going. Perfect hot weather beer or during a spicy meal, this would do the trick!

ChrisCage, Jun 09, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +21.5%

We just touched down in Guangzhou, China and during lunch time at Huadu Province Furong mountain resort, we had some beer over lunch and there was this Zhu Jiang Draft beer; we ordered 3-4 large bottles (635 ml) for all 16 of us and drank it off a small glass. I saw it as a typical macro lager but away from expectations, it was actually slightly better, in my opinion. The looks was like any lager beer, golden see-through liquid with thin quick receding head and nothing fantastic... The smell was not really there. Taste was of refreshingly sweet malts and that kind of made me feel that it was not that bad. The sweet malts part was pretty unexpected but I appreciate it. Mouth feel was light to medium and nicely smooth and rather drinkable as it was really unobtrusive. Of course nothing impressive but definitely better than many crappy macros.

basica, Dec 20, 2007
1.66/5  rDev -30%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

I generally like Asian beers, but this one was just bad.
Pours with a pale golden color and almost no head to speak of.
There is a slight hoppy aroma and some grains (probably rice) as well.
It starts sweet and is followed by an extremelly watery body with no hoppiness. Hard to say if this is even a beer or just water.
Too bad.

MarkoNm, Dec 09, 2013
Zhu Jiang Draft Beer from Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery Co. Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.