TBonz Nut Brown Ale - TBonz Gill & Grill

TBonz Nut Brown Ale
No picture uploaded.

TBonz Gill & Grill
South Carolina, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: JISurfer on 05-14-2004)
Reviews by czfreeman:

get this on tap at Tbonz after I get off work from my restaurant job, when me and my cook friends go out for a glass after work. Pretty thin body, weak nutty aromas. The flavor is always watery as well, but after it warms a bit more nut flavors come through. Easy to drink, nice to unwind after work with friends.

3.5/5  rDev +2.6%

3.58/5  rDev +5%

Looks can be decing with this Nut Brown, which I tried as part of a sample taster. Better as in settled to room temperature. Caramel and chocolates notes, no bubbles at all, like the rest of the TBonz selections. Malty sweetness, this ones definitely enjoyable in smaller quantities.

4.4/5  rDev +29%

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.18/5  rDev -6.7%

This was an ok offering from TBonz. It was a little flat, with no head what so ever, which is strange, because it was just taped today, on 5/14/04. The taste was nutty, but also had hints of caramel in it, as well as a nice malty backbone. Not too much in the hops area, which is ok by me. Not the best Nut Brown I have had, but it's ok. I think if it weren't so flat, it would be 10x better.

3.63/5  rDev +6.5%

We were drinking in the bar before our table was ready and I ordered the nut brown ale. This beer had a nice dark brown color(it was dark in the room, so I'm not sure if it was transparent). A very thin off white head, with very little to no lacing. The beer was sweet at first, then there was quite a bit of hops, and finally a very smooth slightly sweet finish. Reminded me very much of a Newcastle if it had more hops in the body. This was a decent find a typical charleston restaurant.

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

Appearance: Medium brown body; not much head or lacing

Smell: Finally, a TBonz brew that I can smell; nice toasty malts on the nose

Taste: Nicely balanced but a little too sweet for me

Mouthfeel: Medium/full bodied; not much carbonation

Drinkability: Of the five beers I sampled at TBonz, this is the only one that I would order again. On my next trip to Charleston, I am much more likely to focus on the Palmetto beers, however.

TBonz Nut Brown Ale from TBonz Gill & Grill
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.