Motor City Old Gear Oil - Motor City Brewing Works

Motor City Old Gear Oil
No picture uploaded.

Motor City Brewing Works visit their website

American Brown Ale |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Alextricity on 11-03-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters

3.25/5  rDev -2.4%

05-19-2013 01:26:31 | More by NJB145
Alextricity

3.23/5  rDev -3%

Interesting, interesting beer. Just days after having and loving Heart of Darkness by Magic Hat which had a tinge of sourness to it, I thought this might be a good choice. I didn't have a whole pint, but I asked for a sample. In those three ounces, I decided I'm GLAD I didn't get a pint.

Appearance: It looks like oil, it just doesn't stick to the glass. There's a tiny head, but it goes away quickly, and like many other MCBW beers, there's no lacing.

Smell: You can definitely smell the sourness. Sourness and malts. Maybe some coffee..?

Taste: This beer tastes like a brown ale, with sourness. It's not a terrible beer, but I really don't think I could drink a whole pint of it. The guy there (I see him all the time. I feel like he might be the owner/manager, something like that) even said "It's hard to drink a pint." I can't agree more.

I've had a few sours and enjoyed them, but this one's just not for me, I guess. Would have in a half-pint again possibly, but that'd be about it.

11-03-2012 19:37:56 | More by Alextricity
Motor City Old Gear Oil from Motor City Brewing Works
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.