India Pale Ale - Land Beer

Land Beer visit their website

Beer added by: davidchollar on 01-12-2008

Reviews by davidchollar:
3.63/5  rDev n/a

I've been avoiding this beer for a long time due to the high price, (Y580!) but I finally bought a bottle. I feel a certain sense of duty to represent my local brewery. And, as you can see if you search around the Japanese breweries on here, there are not a lot of IPAs in Japan.

A pretty thick, bright honey with an adequate head. Appearance doesn't disappoint, let's give it a smell. OK. It's definately a pale ale, but I wouldn't immediately think IPA. There's a nice citrusy hoppiness, but it isn't exactly noteworthy. One good thing to say, it is a very easy-drinking beer. Hard to believe it's 7%. The taste is not bad at all, it just doesn't have that bitter kick or that dry finish that I've come to expect from the style.

Overall decent, I'd take this over the myriad macro lagers in Japan. It's great to see an IPA out of Nagoya. But for my money, I'll take a yo-ho IPA any day over this.

India Pale Ale from Land Beer
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.