Son Of A Peach - Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.

Son Of A Peach
No picture uploaded.

Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: Moxley on 05-18-2009)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Photo of

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

You rated this beer. Consider writing a review.

02-18-2013 07:01:58 | More by
david18

I also had this at the anniversary party. I heard different stories as to weather peaches were actually used or not. There was a peach flavor and in general it was a great beer but I'm not sure it will ever be made on a production basis. I tried to talk to the head brewer about it (I used peaches in a beer recently) and he knew almost nothing about it. It was an experimental beer from one of the assistant brewers. I'd love to see it out again but I'm not holding my breath.

07-31-2009 19:05:00 | More by david18
aerozeppl

4.1/5  rDev -1.7%

On cask at the CL 3rd Anniversary Party.

A: Poured a fairly hazy copper color with no head at all. Some bubbles were floating at the top of my glass.

S: This is their pale on peaches. The peaches were there but not as strong as I would have liked. It had that cask mustiness but really lacked any punch.

T: The peaches were there but not as much as I would have liked. That being said it was quite malty. A touch of sweetness. Me thinks the peaches might have brought a little something extra.

M: Very nice light cask mouthfeel.

D: Really great for the day. Very refreshing. To put it this way. Someone came up to the tasting table and said "Scott just put the pale on peaches" Everyone got up and went for a tug or seven.

05-19-2009 23:41:49 | More by aerozeppl
Moxley

4.1/5  rDev -1.7%

Got to try this beer at the Captain Lawrence Brewery's 3rd anniversary party poured from a gravity keg.

A - hazy light brown with a foamy 1/2 inch head. Lots of sediment at the bottom of the glass.

S - lots of peach and apricot with some sweet malts and bitter hops.

T - you get the peach flavor right up front with hints of apricot and hops. Malts are definitely around for the finish.

M&D - light and crisp with a clean finish. This is a great spring/summer beer if you like the fruity beers.

I'm glad I got to try this from a gravity keg, but I'd like to review it from the bottle as well.

05-18-2009 13:31:46 | More by Moxley
Son Of A Peach from Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.