A Sour Night At The Fritz - Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.

A Sour Night At The Fritz

to view more.
Ratings: 8 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by jrallen34:
3.12/5  rDev n/a

I drank this into a tasting glass at NoTB.

The beer pours a light clear brown with pink highlights. The head is watery and there is no lacing.

The aroma is way to light only showing off a little citrusy grapefruit.

The taste is not good. It just tastes like some grapefruit juice with a bad carbonated bite at the end.

The feel is terrible like suped up carbonated water blowing up in your mouth, but in a bad way.

This beer is like a sparkling water. No flavor, terrible feel, and just boring one notedness.

4.02/5  rDev n/a

The beer pours a cloudy orangish color with little head to speak of. The aroma is good. It has a light malt scent with a shit ton of citrusy/acidic sourness. The taste is very sour as well. It's light and easy drinking with just a bit of malty sweetness. The rest is all sourness. It's quite good. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a medium bodied beer with low carbonation. This is an excellent wild ale. It's not for everyone, but for those who enjoy wilds, this is a real treat.

4.6/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

"Give me fritzes whatever is free"

I think the reviewer below has all the Captain Lawrence sours confused. Also I don't understand how a cask ale can be super carbonated but that might just be me...on to the beer!

A: Very hazy golden color. Quite a bit of floaties in the glass as well. Towards the end of the keg it was like living at the bottom of a Cantillon bottle. Minimal white head.

S: Wow that is a tart nose. Very citric. The nose reminds me of a more sour version of cable car. A touch of bret but not much. You get fruit but nothing specific really stood out for me.

T: I really enjoyed this beer. Super sour and tart. Again big citrus. A little bit acidic. After a few tasters my throat was begging for mercy and recieved none.

M: Very light bodied. Delicate carbonation.

D: I drank the hell out of this and hope that it will be bottled but I know that it will not. Really did remind me of a more sour version of cable car. Excellent.

to view more.
A Sour Night At The Fritz from Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.