A Clockwork Orange Belgian Wit - Grand Rapids Brewing Co

No picture uploaded.

Grand Rapids Brewing Co visit their website

Witbier |  ABV ?

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: marburg on 07-27-2003)
Reviews by granger10:
granger10

Wisconsin

3.48/5  rDev -16.5%

This beer poured a really cloudy peach color with a moderate white head. Very nice looking. The smell was strong on the citrus flavors and I got some spicyness from the yeast as well. The flavor however was extremely orangey. Lots of orange, so much in fact that I had trouble getting past it. It seemed as if a whole lot of bitter orange peel was added at the very end of the fermentation. The finish was very tangy. Good body and carbonation on this beer but it really wasn't a witbier in the classic sense. Still, not bad but I couldn't have too many of these.

06-30-2004 22:09:58 | More by granger10
BeaBeerWife

4.58/5  rDev +9.8%

This one blew my socks off. It was over a half-of-a-year ago when I had it, but its still very clear in my mind how much I enjoyed it. Yeah, I can't really give THAT much detail on it since it's been so long, and I am waiting for the next batch this summer... but, amazing aroma, and big orange in yo face. If you like Oberon, that's great, but you have to get your hands on some of this. I have to get my hands on some more.

03-14-2008 03:09:24 | More by BeaBeerWife
marburg

4.45/5  rDev +6.7%

Wow. A really pleasant surprise from the Michigan Summer Beer Fest. Color was a bit too yellow for the style. It's called "wit" for a reason. But my god, the aromas were amazing. Gorgeous subdued orange and light lemon zest. The orange reminded me of a fresh orange candy aroma from a bubble gum wrapper or something. Sweet and slightly muted. Orange continues into the palate. Sweet and almost candy-ish. Finishes light with a lightly bitter orange peel aftertaste. A very, very nice summer beer. I could drink this all day.

07-27-2003 14:54:07 | More by marburg
A Clockwork Orange Belgian Wit from Grand Rapids Brewing Co
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.