Centennial Silver Foam - Grand Rapids Brewing Co

Centennial Silver Foam
No picture uploaded.

Grand Rapids Brewing Co visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-28-2002)
Reviews by granger10:
granger10

Wisconsin

2.25/5  rDev -24.7%

I think they fooled me and put a Busch Light in my cup. How can they brag about this being their staple? Do they have any respect about being a fine brewery or just want to make money? Straw color in appearance, very corny tasting. Pungent, about as bad as macro lagers.

03-04-2004 17:54:44 | More by granger10
WakeandBake

Notes Sep 27, 2008
A pale yellow pour with a one finger white head.Aroma of grain,corn and bread,some faint hop notes of citrus and spice.Light body with some sour/bitter notes,very little in the way of malt flavor.Smooth mouthfeel,dry slightly tart finish.I am not sure if I really liked this or not,I will go back before long and retry,not bad but nothing special.

12-24-2008 01:24:01 | More by WakeandBake
GRPunk

3.68/5  rDev +23.1%

Growler poured into an imperial pint.

A- Semi-clear golden color with a medium white head, medium carbonation, and good lacing.

S- It was a little more complex than expected. I picked up some definite notes of crackers along with floral and fruity scents.

T- Mostly a cracker flavor from the malts with light hops and a clean finish.

M- Medium carbonation. It was a little thicker than I was expecting.

D- A decent summer sipper/lawn mower beer.

Overall- I've frequented the GRBC for a a number of years and this was the first time I had the Silver Foam (my stepmom said it was her favorite from the sampler so I filled my growler). I guess I'm a little more impressed than some of the previous reviewers. The brewery calls this one a Pilsner and I picked up on a lot of the flavors that I would expect for the style. Is it my favorite GRBC brew? No. I prefer John's IPAs, stouts, and seasonals. However, if you're looking for something a little lighter, it's not a bad beer.

09-10-2007 22:47:13 | More by GRPunk
livin4jc

Sampled on - tap on June 25, 2007 at Grand Rapids Brewing Company.

Overall, I was not overly impressed with this beer. It was refreshing, but was nothing unusal or remarkable. I find it hard to believe they would consider this their flagship. I don't know, maybe I have just been spoiled living in Sam's and Binny's territory.

Appearance: With a light golden color, it reminded me a lot of a Bud or Miller. To me, it almost looked like the watered down stuff you'd get from a mass produced product.

Smell: Average smell. It wasn't strong or offensive, but it didn't draw me in either. Kind of a hoppy smell.

Taste: Nothing special. It was refreshing. You could detect a corn taste.

Mouthfeel: Imagine drinking water. That's how it felt in my mouth.

Drinkability: In my opinion, this is a beer that you drink after you've been working outside in the heat all day. Then again, so is Miller. It does go down smooth, but isn't for a refined palet.

I hope to return to Grand Rapids again in the future to sample some of their other beers. Either Grand Rapids has no Beer Advocates, or their other beers must be better. After all, this is the town with Founders Brewing - so someone has to know what Beer should be.

07-01-2007 23:17:22 | More by livin4jc
gmfessen

3.03/5  rDev +1.3%

Purchased this beer in a sampler, poured out into a small sampler glass. Beer was a very light golden-yellow color, watery looking. Very little head for the name of the beer, but the lacing stuck well. The beer has a hoppy fruity smell. The beer has a sweet malty corn taste with a hoppy finish. The mouthfeel of the beer was light and not very carbonated. This beer was very easy to drink due to the lightness and decent balance of the beer. Not overly desirable though; average.

11-21-2006 04:04:17 | More by gmfessen
walleye

my first time at this brewery. from the tap. poureda golden color, with white head and some nice lacing. aroma hops, malts, a touch of sourness. aroma, malts, hops, dry very easy to drink, could of had a few of these.I hope I get to go back tto this brewery to try the other beers they brew.

11-01-2005 21:34:22 | More by walleye
Centennial Silver Foam from Grand Rapids Brewing Co
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.