Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Sweaty Betty Blonde - Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: Quaffer on 06-06-2004

firstprev| 251-275 | 276-300 | 301-325  | next → last
3.75/5  rDev +6.8%

I open the bottle and pour, eyes focused on the game on this gloomy spring day. The first sip intrigues me. It is wheat, it is blonde. It is the fermented drops of Betty's Sweat. And it tastes wonderful. Golden like blonde locks, wheaty but not overly fruity or citrusy. Refreshing and I am away from the game, dancing with the mysterious Betty in fields of dandelion. The 6 pack is gone, my team wins. (402 characters)

2.6/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

not a fan at all...clear bright yellow hue reminiscent of your standard "macro muck" not much in the way of pronounced smells, slight citrus and subtle grassy notes, but otherwise pretty flat...

taste is pure citrus...big, slick artificially lemony, hint of orange, medium hoppiness, tart tart tart...too tart, very light mouthfeel and overly prickly, fortunately, i just want to get this stuff down

not a big fan of this beer...i know you shouldnt expect the same delicious flavors from the phenols and esters you get from the German version but there's not much too exciting about this beer.

that said, it rates higher on drinkability, but most American Pale wheats do...it would make a pretty damn good summer sessioner...medium hops, citrusy character, light body...a great beer to bring to the beach or have at a bbq though there are much better options (try left hands haystack if you want to stay in style) (923 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +22.5%

I really enjoyed this beer. It's probably my favorite wheat beer not from a bar tap. I bought it at the same time as some Samuel Adams Summer Ale, and while that was good, this was just slightly better. It had a little more of a citrusy taste, which I enjoyed. (260 characters)

2.38/5  rDev -32.2%

When I saw the label on this one, I was excited, but it turns out the age old adage is correct, you cannot judge a book by its' cover. Up front this poured a straw yellow, hazy and opaque color, and it had no head, and no lacing. It smelled a little citrusy, kind of minty, and like unbaked bread - kind of sweet, but also a little doughy.

On first sip I knew this one had missed its mark, not by much, but definately not an award winner. It is not balanced between the yeast, the hops, the concept, at all. Sweaty Betty turned out to be a very appropriate moniker, as this beer really did taste kind of sweaty. I want to try the beer this would have been without the 10k it just ran behind it. It has promise underneath it's hesitant, and unfulfilled idea, but for now I will not be purchasing it again. (807 characters)

4.77/5  rDev +35.9%

Pours golden "blonde" into a pint glass with a frothy head that stays almost completely still as I drink it.

Smell is extremely pleasant. Banana first comes to mind with a slight hint of citrus. One of the best smelling wheat's I've come across.

Taste is very similar to smell. A hint of banana up front with hoppy and lemon notes. Little bit of a clove aftertaste for me. I love this stuff.

Mouthfeel is light but still passes my test. Great for drinking several of them at a time, you'll just keep going back for more.

Overall I can say this is definitely one of my favorite beers to date. I am a huge fan of wheat beers, though. For someone looking for an incredible amount of flavor you might want something else, but for an easy drinking and delicious beer you can't beat one of these. I'd love to try it on tap at some point. (835 characters)

3.84/5  rDev +9.4%

This beer is what I would consider a staple. Sweaty Betty offers a light, easy to drink banana undertone, with a thin, wispy head of average retention. When you are going with an alternative brew, this is a decent candidate! Don't let the negative reviews keep you from trying it at the very least. (298 characters)

4.35/5  rDev +23.9%

Crisp, Clean and refreshing. I will buy over Harpoon and SA. Certainly will suit the non-traditional Hefe taster as it may seem "light" to those more experienced palates. Also, checks in at 5.9% but doesn't taste like it. I loved the finish and after taste. (257 characters)

4.68/5  rDev +33.3%

Best Beer I have ever had, and it comes with a healthy kick too! I want MORE!! It is a spring beer that only comes around once a year, but I anticipate having this beer and beg my supplier to have it in stock for me. From the great, clean taste to the appearance and feel of this beer, it gets consistent high marks from me. (324 characters)

firstprev| 251-275 | 276-300 | 301-325  | next → last