Sweaty Betty Blonde - Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub

Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  5.20% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: Quaffer on 06-06-2004)

hopfiend666, Nov 23, 2011
2.03/5  rDev -40.8%

Sweaty Betty is definitely a dishwater blonde...she's sorta weak altogether. Now look, if you do not like the traditional skunk of a heffe...then you may actually enjoy this. The appearance when poured was cloudy and not in a good way. The nose was a metallic skunk reminding me of fennel. The head was short-lived at best but it kicked up high initially like a wheat should. I expect a fruity experience from an American wheat....totally disappointed as were my Beer Geeks.

Windigo, Nov 28, 2011

StrongRepublican, Jan 21, 2012

HDACBrewer, May 29, 2012

amadeom, Dec 23, 2012
3.13/5  rDev -8.7%

A: Very light yellow color with a small head that dissipates rather quickly.

S: Not much going on there. I prefer wheat beer that you can really smell the wheat in it.

T: Not bad, but not great either. Could be little more wheaty, after all this is a Pale Wheat Ale.

M: Small bubbles. Slightly watery.

O: An average wheat beer that goes down smoothly on a hot summer day, but by no means one of the better wheat beers out there.

SouthFLBeerLover, Jun 15, 2011

RickKitt, Aug 03, 2013
2.45/5  rDev -28.6%

Had this beer at the drafting room in Exton PA. Great name for a beer and certainly got me to try it! As for the taste, it was a wheat beer, but it tasted water downed compared to most...I guess it was the sweat from Betty in the beer. Would not even bother trying.

rodcom, May 06, 2008
3.73/5  rDev +8.7%

minimal to zero head, the foam dissipates rapidly after being poured

tart sour grapefruit come do mind when taking a sniff of this one

a very mellow somewhat bland taste, not full of spices like some other wheat beers

great mouthful, after the initial tingle on the palette the smoothness coats your tongue

if your looking for a beer that is light and refreshing for summer, id go with this one

dayswonder, Jul 24, 2010
2.25/5  rDev -34.4%

Mumra1979, Jul 31, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -5.2%

paulriccio, Oct 30, 2013
1.15/5  rDev -66.5%

I tried a bottle of this based upon a recommendation of a friend. As soon as I opened it up, the beer smelled like a yest-filled armpit which really turned me off.

I figured I would taste it anyway, but the taste was just as bad. The smell was so strong, it made my tongue go numb and I almost yakked in the beer itself.

Even when I gulped down the first sip, all I could taste was that yest-filled armpit smell in my mouth. It was bad. I usually like wheat ales, but this one was a loser.

TooleBurger, Jan 26, 2009
3.25/5  rDev -5.2%

JeffBulson, Mar 12, 2014
3.38/5  rDev -1.5%

A - Pours a surprisingly pale yellow. Was expecting something with a slightly more orange hue. Even in a champagne flute (don't ask why I used this) the beer was very opaque. Minimal head and retention and virtually no lacing.

Ar - Can't pick much up besides citrus and light banana with some cloves.

T - Fairly light body. Nothing really stands out in the taste, not even the wheat. Does have a bit of spice in the finish (almost peppery?)

D - Served cold enough this beer would go down easy and refresh on a hot day. Save it for the poolside.

AARomanov, Sep 15, 2010

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a Nonic Pint

Look: The beer appeared a very cloudy golden and cleared up as it warmed. Even after a very hard pour there was very little head to speak of and minimal lacing throughout.

Smell: The aroma was quite simple but very welcoming. Up front I got the essence of wheat which was followed up with sharp whiffs of lemon and peppery spice.

Taste: Much like the aroma the wheat came right to the front of this flavor. It is a big wheat taste that works very well with the other flavors. Then the citrus and peppery spice creep up on you leaving the finish very dry and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Very dry with a heavier body than I was expecting given the style and color.

Drinkability: Very drinkable! I just wish I had this on a warm summer afternoon by the grill instead of holed up in my house watching snow fall outside. I will certanly revisit this one once the spring hits.

CaptMurdock, Jan 12, 2010
4.18/5  rDev +21.9%

I liked this beer a LOT. It was very clean and had a banana note along with a nice mouthfeel and a crisp finish. I had a couple of six packs of this over the summer and they went down easy and although it's not easy to find here, I will be hunting for it in the future. It makes a nice replacement for the Abita strawberry lager that I REALLY love but can't get very often.

LimoBarbie, May 16, 2010

westcubs, Aug 04, 2012

JessBrittingham, Aug 30, 2014
3.88/5  rDev +13.1%

Loganw91, Aug 15, 2014
3.04/5  rDev -11.4%

E7taylor, Sep 15, 2014
3.78/5  rDev +10.2%

I open the bottle and pour, eyes focused on the game on this gloomy spring day. The first sip intrigues me. It is wheat, it is blonde. It is the fermented drops of Betty's Sweat. And it tastes wonderful. Golden like blonde locks, wheaty but not overly fruity or citrusy. Refreshing and I am away from the game, dancing with the mysterious Betty in fields of dandelion. The 6 pack is gone, my team wins.

ttfreek, Apr 30, 2007