Hazed & Infused - Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub

good

Boulder Beer / Wilderness Pub visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Quaffer on 10-12-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hazed & Infused Alström Bros
jumpincrackbass

thatdirtymick

12-28-2011 19:12:38 | More by thatdirtymick
RBorsato

4.93/5  rDev +34.7%

Dark gold, copper color with a big beige head, sediment floaters, good carbonation, and lace clumps. Big citrusy hop aroma; grapefruit. Awesome fruity flavor and awesome citrusy grapefruit character. Leans big to the hoppy side. Light bodied and airy from the high carbonation but not overly bitter from all the hops.

Excellent with awesome hoppiness !! and I'm not really a hop-head.

Label states: "Limited Looking Glass Series" & "Unfiltered dry hopped ale infused with Crystal hops"

per M.J. notes: 3 grains and 5 hop varieties. Crystal and Centennial combination for dry hopping

Bottling Date (?): AP0303 (on neck)
Tasted: 05/15/03

05-20-2003 11:13:17 | More by RBorsato
ppoitras

4.88/5  rDev +33.3%

12oz bottle from nvsblman as part of BIF 19. Thanks for the opportunity.

Poured into an imperial pint glass, formed 1/2" pillowy off-white head above the clear amber brew. Head lasts very nicely, with heavy, sticky lacing. Aroma is pungent green hops, with a sweet malt undercurrent. Taste melds the seemingly fresh hops character with the biscuity malts almost perfectly. Don't really know how it could be better. Mouthfeel is super-smooth, and drinkability is trememndous as well. A great one here.

11-27-2005 17:11:14 | More by ppoitras
ancientelixir

4.85/5  rDev +32.5%

This is my second six pack, I enjoyed this one. Into a pint glass, came up with about a quarter inch head that dissipates fairly quickly. Appearance is golden/amber. Smells like wheat, and the sweet and sour of an apple. I got a little hop bitterness and some sourness upfront. It has some roasted malt flavor, I like how it mingles with the sourness. Has a light fruity and nutty finish. Super crisp and clean. Easily drinkable. I bought this again because of the clean flavor, and at just under 5% alcohol, I can have a few and it wont go to my head too much. Lately
I have been taking a break from the imperials, and this is one of the the lowest alcohol beers with a good body and flavor.

04-18-2009 23:08:05 | More by ancientelixir
kronik

4.83/5  rDev +32%

Hey, first timer here, and seeing as how I'm only 21 take this review as you will. This has been one my favorites since I started to shop over at Trader Joe's. It has a very nice 'hoppy' aroma as soon as you open the bottle, and it gets stronger as you pour . The taste is also very fresh and 'hoppy', it is like someone just picked the hops and barley and tossed them in the brew. I pick-up a six-pack of this every time I try a new brew, as a bonafied back-up in case I dont like my new selection. You will not be dissapointed in this one if your choose to pick it up.

01-14-2006 21:37:10 | More by kronik
TheManiacalOne

Rhode Island

4.83/5  rDev +32%

Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a deep amber color with a large foamy off-white head that fades very slowly and leaves a thick lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is very hoppy with sweet compliments of citrus and caramel.

T: The taste is very well-balanced, with a strong hops bitterness, smoky caramelized malts and the sweetness of citrus. Although the hops flavor is the more dominant one, all of the flavors compliment each other quite nicely. The after-taste is hoppy, bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and very smooth, medium body, medium carbonation, very clean finish.

D: Very tasty, goes down quite easily, not too filling, nice representation of style and of the best APA’s that I’ve had, I could drink a lot these, it’s the perfect beer to drink all evening long.

05-31-2007 03:29:58 | More by TheManiacalOne
bobfinkenaur

4.83/5  rDev +32%

Had this last weekend at Capones in Norisstown, PA. It was mid afternoon and a lower alcohol/session beer was called for. The freshness of the hop flavor balanced by the slight malty sweetness made this one of the most drinkable beers I have had in a long time!

01-21-2010 04:35:32 | More by bobfinkenaur
TastyTaste

4.83/5  rDev +32%

Deep copper, slightly hazy, with a white head. Smells fruity , citrusy, bitter, reminds me almost of the scent of the stickiest of the icky. The taste initially has a fruity, malty taste that changes to the delcious bitterness of hops and grapefruit. A very unique beer, haven't had anything like this. Almost an IPA, almost tastes like a fruit beer. Definitely try this if you can find it.

02-07-2004 16:28:07 | More by TastyTaste
Murph

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

Pours a beautiful, slightly hazy peach color with a decent beige head that sinks but stands at a thick ringing film. Nice mellow malt aroma as the brew warms up. The bulk of the nose is made up of blossoming floral and somewhat piney hops. Nice juicy aroma. Smooth malt body that holds the brew up all the way through with just the slightest diacetyl notes in the background. Just enough piney and floral hop bitterness to not go over the top like so many APAs do. Not that I am complaining about over the top APAs because I love them but this is truly a very nicely balanced version of the brew. Perfect medium body that provides for a great ease of drinking but enough to make you feel like you are drinking something. Smooth malt characteristics make this glide across the tongue. This was truly a joy to drink and I would love to be able to find this on draught, or even better, on cask. Maybe someday I will make it to Colorado. Until then a huge thanks go to Vitriola for sending this one my way in our Santa exchange.

12-28-2002 18:20:05 | More by Murph
Gundecker7856

4.78/5  rDev +30.6%

This beer is the nectar of a goddess!

I primarily drink IPAs, but will ocassionally drink this beer when I need a change of pace.

Very drinkable, nice head, mellow smell, very pleasing taste. This is the type of beer that you can drink a lot of a beer that you can keep in the fridge and have every day.

I highly recommend you at least try this APA.

03-24-2013 22:04:03 | More by Gundecker7856
billblakeslee

02-20-2013 19:23:18 | More by billblakeslee
neonbrown82

Nebraska

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from this brew, but I picked it up out of novelty factor since I was back home in Omaha, looking for a new Pale Ale, and I loved the Dazed & Confused movie. But lo and behold, upon the first sip I decided I would immediately have to advocate this to any of my friends I came into contact with the rest of the night.

The appearance is typical of an APA, so from at the time of the pour, I was at least content that the beer looked great with a golden amber hue and a very lively, frothy white foam cap. From the smell I knew I was in for a citrusy treat, but I had no idea the hoppy, citrusy taste would be even stronger than the smell! It tastes like tangerines, grapefruits, oranges lemons, etc. I love you, centennial hops! Even has a slightly banana ester quality about it. The mouthfeel was very mild, but expressed a whole multitude of sweet/sour/bitter citrusy hop flavors, even a slight biscuit/caramel malty flavor when swished around. I have never had a pale ale with such fruity definition, not even dry hopped. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 for drinkability (even though the alcohol content is low) is because there is only so much citrus the palate can take for the night before you hit the overload point, especially when it comes to a beer with even a hint of a dry finish such as this.

I can't wait to make my first trip to Colorado since coming of age with all of the wonderfull breweries I've tried from the area, but it may have to wait until summer time or later, unfortunately.

Edit: as one of my other fellow reviewers said, "This reminds me of the stickiest of the icky."

03-16-2005 04:40:02 | More by neonbrown82