Abrasive Ale - Surly Brewing Company

Wants: 2,035
Surly Brewing Company visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Beer added by: Buebie on 12-27-2008

Was "16 Grit Ale," but now available in cans and renamed "Abrasive Ale".

Sure we're abrasive. We were abrasive long before we were Surly. If you visit the brewery you can still see remnants of industrial manufacturing factory Omar's parents ran for 35 years within those same 4 walls. Bandsaw blades, grinding wheels, and a sanding discs came long before ales and lagers. But let's be honest, this is a lot more fun. Pale in color, this over-hopped, under-brewed Double IPA has almost twice the amount of hops & malt crammed in the can.
4.62/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Canned 2/07/11. I love how cans keep these beers so fresh, this taste the same still as the first one I had a week and a half ago.

A: Aggressive pour creates size-able head that pulls back quickly. Red panda wearing white lace stockings.

S: Tons of tropical fruit and fresh oily hops punch you in the face as soon as you put your nose in the glass. Mango, pineapple, grapefruit, clementine, and even cherry. Strong undercurrent of caramel and vanilla. Mmmm mmm good.

T: I had my mom who hates IPAs (mainly hops) try this and she said, "is that an IPA? Its really fruity and not very bitter at all". The citrus hops have a nice sort of tang about them, but finish with a slight earthy bite. This is going to sound really bad, but its reminding me of the total onion flavor most people seem to get from GUBNA. That said, this one does not taste like onions, no worries. Malts backbone offers a nice sweetness to really carry the juicy hops all the way along.

M: Nice medium body with the perfect level of carbonation. Its not syrupy, but it makes you think it is. Has a nice full creaminess too it.

D: So crisp and fruity I want more and more. This one has quickly pushed its way up there in my books. The only thing stopping it from a perfect score here is the fact that well...it actually is 9% even though you would never know.

4.5/5  rDev -0.4%

Canned 02/07/11

A- Pours a deep ruby color with a two finger lacy white head. Looks rich and promising.

S- A crisp sweet texas grapefruit smell wafts out as soon as you crack the can. Notes of hoppy-ness, pine and other citrus fruits, this is one damn fine smelling beer.

T- Hoppy and sweet, nicely balanced, there is a particular woodiness to it. Quite mellow, the citrus doesn't have as much punch as I was expecting.

M- The malt makes it really smooth and creamy, nice thick body and med-low carbonation. Not too dry for such a hop heavy brew.

D- This is a great IIPA. It is rich and creamy. One of, if not the best smelling beers I've encountered. The sweetness is really mellow and delightful, not overpowering. If you are going to bomb out your pallet for the night, this is the beer to grab.

4.15/5  rDev -8.2%

16oz can into taster glass.
from notes.

Pours a lightly hazy, dark orange-golden color with a bubbly foamy off-white head.

The aroma is of incredibly resiny pine, with very faint grapefruit.

Though the resinous pine notes are still the dominant flavors they do back off just enough to allow a bit more of the citric grapefruit to come through than in the nose. There is just a faint amount of malty cracker backing to give it a bit of balance.

The mouthfeel is pretty standard, with a medium body and fairly active carbonation with a dry finish.

The resiny notes are really the defining aspect of this beer, but without becoming the only characteristic to be found. The ABV is very well blended.

4.35/5  rDev -3.8%

Canning Date: 1/14/11; Reviewed: 2/10/11
16oz can into Duvel tulip
Received via Trade

A: Big, bold and menacing looking for a DIPA; Not the bright orange you typically see in DIPAs but Copper/ Amber in color with 1/2 inch of foamy white head; Spiderweb lacing down the glass

S: Big time citrus (grapefruit and pineapple) and pine bitterness

T: Big, mean and bitter - just how I like my DIPAs. Citrus and pine bitterness balanced by malty bread sweetness; Long, lingering bitter finish

M: Doesn't coat the mouth with sweet stickiness of say Hopslam; Drying effect leaves you wanting more

D: Loved this beer; One of my favorite DIPAs.

If I had ready access to this and Furious, I don't think I would need any other IPAs/DIPAs in the regular rotation.

4.25/5  rDev -6%

Received a few of these in a recent trade with HapWifeHapLife. Thanks again Derek!

Pours a dark golden orange color with golden apricot/burnt orange hues when held to a light and a frothy, pillowy two finger off-white head. Excellent retention, only slowly fading into a lasting cap that coats the pint with large rings, streaks and chunks of soapy lacing.

Sweet citrus hop aroma that's bursting with uber-fresh dank, floral hops. Lots of citrus and tropical fruit as well as some dank,oily, resinous pine character. There's a prominent pineapple and mango presence as well as hints of grapefruit, lemon and orange peel. Underneath, there's also a slight pale malt character that's slightly toasty with hints of biscuit and graham cracker.

Fuller bodied than expected with a blast of ridiculously fresh, sweet floral hops that linger into a sweet, dry finish. Slightly earthy with subtle pine and dry bitterness which is complimented by sweet citrus and tropical fruit notes. Lots of juicy pineapple, mango, grapefruit and orange peel flavor which balances out the drier bitter notes perfectly. Faint toasty malt backbone with hints of biscuit and graham cracker. Just enough of this for complexity and balance without taking away from the glorious hop flavor. The ABV is very well masked with only faint heat toward the end of the swallow, making this beer extremely quaffable.

Overall, this is a delicious and complex beer which is very well balanced and dangerously drinkable. Although it's bursting with sweet fruit flavor, it's not one-dimensional by any means, with an excellent compliment of dry earthy bitterness, subtle malt and alcohol heat. On par with some of the best west coast IPAs and very similar in flavor profile.

4.3/5  rDev -4.9%

Poured from tap into standard pint glass.

Appearance: Cloudy/Hazy golden with soapy foam head. Left nice sticky lacing as it receded.

Smell: Sweet and floral/citrus hops all over the place! Has a very crisp and clean scent, but also a bit sweet and herbal/flowery.

Taste: A punch of bitter citrus hops right up front, but smooths out as it lingers on the tongue. A little smoother and mellower on tap than in the can, and the hops seem fresher and more prominent.

Mouthfeel: Slippery and lower-carbonation. Medium bodied and crisp.

Drinkability: I love this stuff out of the can, and it's even better on tap. Delicious! Could drink this all night long, but at 9% ABV, I stopped after three pints. Had to drive home eventually that night.

4.22/5  rDev -6.6%

16oz can, Boulevard tulip, somehow both the cans I have seem to be missing canned on dates. Thank you, Craig for the awesome trade.

Looks pretty damn good. Mid-orange toned body with a large offwhite head. Bigger bubbles that aren't going away quickly, but leave little lace.

Mmm, mmm, lots of tropical fruit. Orange, pine, pineapple, and cantaloup aromas in a sweet embrace. Not so much caramel as sweet, juicy citrus and honey. Twinge of solvent.

Where's the bitterness? Medium-high levels, but it's not hitting me exceptionally hard. Mainly tropical fruit and orange hop flavors show up. There's so much pineapple that I almost feel like I'm drinking juice. Waves of caramel malt wash over everything. Bitterness gets more grapefruit pith at the end.

Surprisingly low carbonation that I'm not really digging. The beer itself is exceedingly smooth, it must be those oats. I want more carbonation to pop all those hops on my tongue. Otherwise, it's a hell of a well crafted mouth.

Since this isn't coming across as a palate wrecker to me, it's quite drinkable. The hops are very desirable and juicy.

Update 3/9/11: Upon consuming the second can, I cannot leave this score as it is. Drinkability goes up to 4.5 because of the lack of alcohol, loads of sweet mango and peach hops, and downright easy drinking.

4.17/5  rDev -7.7%

Canned on 1/24/11. The first seasonal Surly I've had. Figured I should start taking advantage of living in Minneapolis and give it a try. Also, full disclosure: I'm a bit of a beer newb, and this is one of the higher ABV beers I've had, and the first Double IPA I've had.

Appearance: An orangeish honey color with a nice two finger head. Lacing sticks around for a while after each sip.

Smell: One of my favorite smelling beers. Big citrus hops. Pretty much just hops. Not complaining. Seemed to change to an almost piney smell towards the bottom of the glass.

Taste: First few sips are as advertised, abrsaive. Tongue is pretty much overwhelmed and requires more than one sip to figure out completely. Obviously lots of hops, with an alcohol aftertaste that seems to get lost by the bottom of the glass. Lots of citrus, orange in particular, with some grapefruit.

Mouthfeel: Pretty much how you'd expect for this. Bitter and abrasive, with a good deal of carbonation.

Drinkability: A dangerous beer. However, one night drinking this, I had a 16 oz can of Abrasive, followed by a different beer. I then decided I wanted a sip of the Abrasive she was drinking, and my tongue wanted no part of that. Perhaps my tongue just got used to drinking the more mellow beer I had, but the one sip I had tasted nothing like the beer I had a couple hours beforehand.

A great beer, although side by side with Furious(Surly's year round IPA) in my liquor store I'm inclined to go with Furious. Definitely something I will pick up once per year when it is available, and possibly something I will come back to once I try a few more Double IPAs.

4.43/5  rDev -2%

On tap at Stub and Herbs. Pours a golden tan with a silky tan head. Nose has nice piney hops and bready malts. Well balanced, but not as vibrant as I was expecting. Crisp, clean body. Nice hoppy finish. Far from the original 16 Grit, but a tasty double IPA.

4.59/5  rDev +1.5%

Many thanks to Ottodyer for picking up a 4 pack of this excellent DIPA for me.

Abrasive pours an orange amber color with good head retention and lacing. While the beer looks pretty good, the nose on this bad boy immediately let me know I was in for a special treat. Wow. This beer packs a huge aroma profile of dry orange citrus, pine, a hint of pepper and a nearly overpowering aroma of dank earth and marijuana. It just doesn't get much better than this. On the palate, the flavor profile replicates the nose pretty closely in this hugely bitter, well balanced (for a DIPA), dry on the finish DIPA. The finish is long and bitter in this beer, with just enough sweet malt to keep the hoppy bitterness in check (this is NOT an East Coast style DIPA). Drinkability is excellent in this DIPA. You can tell the abv. is up there, but the beer is not at all hot, with the alcohol perfectly integrated into the flavor profile.

Just an altogether excellent beer from Surly. I really liked the Furious, but would take Abrasive any day of the week over that excellent beer. Just delicious...

4.18/5  rDev -7.5%

Have been wanting to try this for quite a while. Very thankful to Rebis1bear for trading me a 4 pack!

A- Pours nice hazy honey color. Wants to be amber but not quite. Nice 1 finger white head. Leaves very sticky lacing after each sip.

S- Citrus hop burst at first. A little piney aroma noted in the middle, followed by nice malts. The citrus was right at the front, but the aroma tails off quickly. Would want a little more hop aroma.

T- Lots of hop flavor up front in this beer. More of a fruity, followed by piney, lemony hop flavor. Much more than the nose led on on this. Subtle malts towards the end really cut into the bitterness and balance out perfectly.

M- Medium body with moderate carbonation. Oily feel.

D- Awesome beer. Very excited that I got a 4 pack of this! Very good DIPA that I would drink again for sure!!

4.58/5  rDev +1.3%

After the surprise that was Ivan, I grabbed the only blind can from the box. Canned on 01/04/11 is dot matrixed on the bottom. Surly?

A- Hazy burnt orange with a smallish head. Ok lacing for the first few sips. 3.

S- This aroma is REALLY nice. It hits you right off the bat with a wall of tropical fruits. Pineapple, white grapefruit, candied orange, tangerine, mango. There is a minimal crackery, almost caramel malt base. Pilsner malt? 5

T- Sweet oranges and pineapple are the main event. Its very sweet and packed with citrusy hops. Bitterness is minimal, its just there to keep things tied together. And tied together this beer is. Malts stay out of the way but lend a nice, light crackery presence. 4.5

M- Slick, medium body. Sharp carbonation. The finish is short and clean despite how hoppy and oily this stuff is. 4

D- This is great stuff. Its got to be some sort of IPA. Its not too big, just about right. 5

The reveal: Surly Abrasive! Kick ass, this is another big want. I really wish I could drink this stuff all the time.

4.32/5  rDev -4.4%

Pours a hazy toasted straw color with a thick fluffy off-white head that slowly settles.

Big hoppy aroma profile. Seems heavy on pine with a good amount of grapefruit and tropical fruit notes. Some pepper action as well. This sucker is all hops.

Piney hops assault the palate with some herbal, grapefruit and pineapple notes to provide some flavor. A pale malt provides a solid bready base and provides some honey sweetness. The DIPA ends with a bit of a chalky asprin flavor.

Moderate feel with prickly carbonation. Very hoppy on the palate but there is some balance here. The scales definitely lean on the hoppy bitter side though. The finish is dry.

A hop forward DIPA with some balance. I can enjoy one can in a sitting anymore might burn a hole in the gut.

4.12/5  rDev -8.8%

Canned on 1/14/11 and opened the date of this review.

A: Nice honey-orange pour with a nice two finger head of white froth that held for several minutes. Thick, bubbly lacing in the tulip. Quite a few floaters in there that are way too dark to be spent yeast, but should not deter those brave enough to try this one.

S: Beautiful big blast of spruce and pineapple. Like being in Hawaii and Northern Michigan at the same time. Love it.

T: Abrasive is a good name for this ale. Bitter on the first sip - almost a tinge of pain as my salivary glands went from zero to 60 in a split second. Subsequent sips seemed much more balanced as I was better prepared for the hop blast. Sweet, honeylike start with a little spicy zing at the finish. Like this more and more the closer I get to the bottom of the glass. Could be the ABV talking.

M/D: All good here. Thought a 3.5 would be right for drinkability since my tongue feels like it has been rubbed with sandpaper, but I read the back label and the folks at Surly warned me, so I'll go 4.0 for delivering on what the brewer promised.

Unique ale that I would certainly have again, but no more than two in a session.

Relative Review: One part Short's Spruce Imperial Pilsner (for the nose) to three parts Moylan's Hopsickle, plus a dozen or more IBU's.

4.12/5  rDev -8.8%

A thick IIPA, not at all dry. Beautiful balance, but didn't exactly showcase the hops like I tend to prefer. There are absolutely no flaws in this beer. I tend to see surly as a company that must have tremendous qc in place, think sierre nevada, but smaller and more adventureous.

4.72/5  rDev +4.4%

Poured from 16oz can into Tulip.

A. Poured 3 fingers of head. Good retention. Pretty thick lacing. Color is a dark orange copper color.

S. You can smell the hops on this one as soon as you crack open the can. Sweet heavenly hop aroma. One word to describe the smell of Abrasive is DANK. Dank hops. It smells like you have a hop cone in your hand. Nice bitter hop aroma. Really not a whole lot else you can smell except hops which is fine with me. You can smell the hop oils which is what really does the trick for me. Hop smell would be described as piney.

T. Delicous beer. Very nice bitterness. Its been a while since I have felt the tongue coating bitterness that a bitter DIPA can provide. Has a smooth biscuity malt base underneath the hops the provide nice contrast.

M. Medium bodied. Medium carbonation. Lingering bitterness.

D. If you like a tongue bruising hop bomb then this is definitely drinkable. This is a very good beer, but what else would you expect from Surly. This is a very flavorful showcase of the flavors that hops can provide. Definitely reminds me of Furious. I would say this is pretty close to Furious' big brother. One of my top 5 DIPAs.

4.05/5  rDev -10.4%

from notes 2/17/11

16oz can served in Stella tulip

A: Nice bright copper color with an eggshell head. Good head retention and some sticky lace. Very clear. Constant stream of carbonation.

S: Sweet pineapple and mango. Sugary, candied tangerine. Hints of vanilla. Maybe some honey. Faint pine in the background.

T: Some short lived bitterness up front, followed by a wave of fruit flavor. Same pineapple, mango, and sweet citrus present in the aroma. Juicy late in the palate with just the faintest hint of mint. Dries up in the finish. Leaves a little green hoppiness in the aftertaste.

M: Ample carbonation. Feel is a little slick.

D: Goes down easy. Pretty straightforward DIPA, but interesting enough. Could certainly put away a few of these. ABV nowhere to be found.

4.15/5  rDev -8.2%

Thanks to Shango42 for the amazing trade. Box just arrived at my doorstep and couldn't help but pop this one open.

a - Cracked the can and poured into my Duvel tasting tulip. Poured a perfect honey color with lots of carbonation and bubbles and a bubbly frothy head with sticky lacing.

s - I could smell it from the table, but as I raised the glass to my nose, the perfectly balanced citric piney hops took me over. Fantastic smelling.

t - Surprisingly bitter. The balance in the nose is lost a bit on the taste as the hops dominate even further. Sticky grapefruit and some citric sweetness, but hop heavy and bitter.

m/d - Very nicely done double ipa, but a bit overly hopped on the taste for me. The nose was just right, but the taste was a bit bitter for me compared to some of the other double ipas I've had and loved. Easy drinker for the ABV.

4.01/5  rDev -11.3%

Thanks to AwYeh for helping me acquire this delicious beer.

Appearance - Pours a cloudy orangish brown with a slight froth on the top. Less than a half finger of head with average to good lacing. This beers only transparency is from the shadow of your hand.

Smell - Slightly hoppy but not as strong as I expected from a double IPA. Sort of an orange and citrus zest to it as well. Slightly malty as well. A slight hint of caramel becomes more noticeable later on.

Taste - A slight bitter start that smooths itself out into a crisp orange finish. The citrus notes from the smell definitely carry over and are accompanied by slight hints of barley and lemon. Hints of grapefruit are present as well. The bitterness gets more noticeable as drinking continues.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability
Easily drinkable for a 2XIPA. Not as bitter as I had hoped for, but extraordinarily drinkable in many other ways. The bitterness becomes more noticeable as you continue drinking. I had a small sample of this when I attended the February 5th at Jackie O's and really enjoyed the few sips I had. I was able to get a full can thanks to AwYeh and give this one a full review.

4.25/5  rDev -6%

16oz can, bottled on December 20, 2010, poured into a shaker pint. Received via trade with readbaron; thanks Baron!

A: Pours a cloudy, bright, burnt amber-orange with hints of golden in the light. One finger of dense white head with good retention and spotty lacing.

S: Not quite as strong of an aroma as I was expecting, considering how amped up the style typically is. Nonetheless, smell is enjoyable- grapefruit and other varieties of citrus hops are most prevalent, with a sweet caramel malt backbone accented by hints of burnt malts and an almost-honey flavor.

T: Huge punch of bitter citrus hops upfront- grapefruit once again in particular, maybe more than in any other DIPA I've had (in terms of its bitterness and similarity to how the actual fruit tastes). The "abrasive" bitterness really covers up the sweet malts when they start to poke through in the middle of the taste, though a bit of sweetness is evident on the finish. Also notable on the finish are some distinct lemon and orange flavors, which leave a lingering, tangy, citrus bite.

M: Medium-bodied with light-moderate carbonation (though higher carbonation isn't really necessary here, the bitter hops provide enough of a punch to the palate). Sticky, lingering bitter finish.

D: Quite an enjoyable beer, I could easily have a couple of these at a time based on the merits of its top-notch hop flavors.

4.45/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured In: Tulip Glass
Purchased At: Ale Jail (St. Paul, MN)

Appearance: The pour is a cloudy amber and burnt orange color. The beer is extremely effervescent with a thick trail of bubbles gasping for air. A few thick sheets of lace are on the side of my glass as well as a few small dots. Two fingers of head were resting at the top of the glass, but it's not lowered itself to a thin layer.

Smell: The nose is dripping with hops. A nice blend of grass, pine, mango and grapefruit. There's a bit of toffee malt sitting in the background, but it's doing just that, which is appreciated.

Taste: The tasting starts out with some toffee malt, but it never takes the upper hand in the tasting. Hops come through immediately; more grass and pine come through. There's some orange peel and mango that come through in the middle. The tasting ends with a nice squeeze of bitter grapefruit.

Mouthfeel: Carbonation is nearly spot on after opening; give it just a bit after opening and it's perfect. The beer is medium bodied and there's a nice oily coating on the teeth and gums from the hops.

Drinkability: I consider Furious one of the best IPAs in the country, and Abrasive steps it up a notch. This is an excellent beer, and I really wish Surly distributed to Wisconsin so I could buy their beer on a more regular basis.

4.25/5  rDev -6%

Holy grapefruit pith, Batman! More and more hops! Zowie!

I'm picturing an army of 80,000 vines of hops cascading down from the sky like paratroopers and landing in this beer and then on my palate. It's...

(wait for it)

Abrasive.

Honestly I dig Furious more, and I've had a few other DIPA's with a different hop character that I liked just a little bit better.

But I don't think that's what Surly's going for with this beautiful amber bodied bully. Because it is exactly what it says it is.

The half finger head from the can poured into my Surly pint glass yields a full citrus aroma, followed by Surly malts. It hits the tongue with sweet citrus, then bites you with pith. Absolutely bites. Like invading ... abrasive ... things. And then finishes clean with malts and that lovely Minnesota water.

Well carbonated and medium bodied this bad boy clocks in at 9% alcohol by volume and would be incredibly drinkable for that % if the hops didn't linger so long on the tongue. Grapefruit, lemon, zowie, POW, bam, BAP, fwap!

I'm half-loving this beer and half-hating what it's doing to my palate. Major props to my trading buddy Mike for this brew. I don't want any more... and yet I want a case of it.

(One unrelated note: had side-by-side with Hopslam at a SB party, this one was king).

4.45/5  rDev -1.5%

Got this one in a trade with hopscrazy! Thanks Brian! Really looking forward to this one!

A- Poured from a 16oz. can into a pint glass. Nice cloudy orange honey color. One finger creamy head disappears rather quickly, but leaves a nice sticky lacing around the glass.

S- Fresh citrus, pineapple, mango, slight hoppiness matched well with sweet caramel malts. I wish it would pop into my nose a bit more, but maybe a pint wasnt the best choice for this one. Shoulda grabbed my tulip!

T- Fresh fruit right up front! Orange zest, mango, lemon... the malt and hops come in at the same time... perfect blend. Finishes with nice grapefruit/honey aftertaste! Just a touch of alcohol... not at all overwhelming. Delicious!!!

M- Again... the bitterness and sweetness blend seamlessly! Honey and pine... fresh citrus!!! Makes your mouth feel clean!

D- If I could get this where I am in NY... This would be my go to brew. Really nice balance. I'm a happy and hoppy man tonight! Damn... even my burps are citrusy and delicious!!! LOL!!!

4.8/5  rDev +6.2%

Poured from a 16oz can into a pint glass. HUGE thanks goes out to cavedave who included this long time want as an extra in our trade. I was happy to see a 1/4/11 on the bottom of the can not only because it means a fresh beer is waiting for me, but also because 1/4 is my birthday. This one was meant to be.

A - Pours a dark honey copper color which is slightly hazy with a 1.5-finger billowy white head. Intricate lacing on the side of the glass forms as the head dissipates.

S - Smells strongly of tropical fruits like mangos, tangerines, ang oranges. Big hop notes coming through in the nose. Wow, what a great fragrance!

T - The flavors are dominated big fruity tropical and citrusy flavors. The malt sweetness and slight caramel tastes work wonderfully here. The bitterness is surprisingly manageable and not overbearing at all. It doesn't drink like a big DIPA, but it clearly is one.

M - Medium to full bodied brew right here. The carbonation is perfect. It's dialed back enough to provide just the right amount of volume. There is a lightly sticky mouthfeel. Pretty much perfect.

D - I know the term "dangerously drinkable" gets tossed around a lot, but if that is the drinkability descriptor for any beer, this is the one. This beer is super refreshing. The alcohol is VERY well hidden.

This is it. This is hands-down the best DIPA I've tried to date. Even though the new year recently began, I see Abrasive easily being one of the best of the year for me.

4.82/5  rDev +6.6%

My first review, after a long time lurking and reading other people's opinions. This beer is so good, it's inspired me to take the step. And I don't even like most hoppy beers.

A: Pours a lovely golden-orange color with a massive white head.

S: Heavy on the floral hops, with strong citrus and a decent amount of pine. I get grapefruit as the dominant scent. Malts are there, but masked by the strength of the hops.

T: Sweet, smooth, fruity, and oh so flowery. Again, lots of floral and citrus hops up front, with a smooth transition through malty sweetness to a nice bitter hop finish. Amazing to me that they could get this much floral hop flavor into the beer without overwhelming bitterness. Very well balanced flavor.

M: Smooth, medium body, and nicely carbonated.

D: Very drinkable. Dangerously so. Definitely don't pick up much of the high alcohol content.

I am not generally a fan of IPAs or DIPAs, but this one is so good it's made me reconsider that opinion.

Abrasive Ale from Surly Brewing Company