Le Fleur Ambre | Pelican Pub & Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Pelican Pub & Brewery
Oregon, United States | website

Style: Belgian IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ccrida on 06-21-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
4.22/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Just found my notes for this beer, which I had in May of 2009, both on draught at the pub, and from a growler at home.

Growler poured into my Gulden Draak tulip, Le Fleur Ambre is clear brassy copper, large off-white head that leaves light, scattered lace...had a draught pint of this at the pub as well and didn't notice much difference.

Smell is yeasty, like a yeast starter, and strong, herbal hops. Rating this style, I really like the noble hops, but Belgian esters don't necessarily equate to the strait 'yeastiness' I get here.

Taste is assertively BIPA. Toasted doughy maltiness with a definitely yeasty bite. Nobel hop spiciness though for sure, wit a touch of citrus, it takes the intensity this packs to counter the strength of the yeast. Very nice BIPA, probably my favorite. Fresh is best though of course. Reminds me a lot of the new Great Divide BIPA, but with a stronger hop profile.

Mouthfeel is on the thicker side...did I mention this beer is yeasty? Somewhat digestible though, some oiliness from the hops, not overly dry.

Drinkability is really good, if you like the style, which I definitely do. This is is about assertive BIPA as it gets. Maybe a fuzzy style for some, if you ever wondered, try this. As usual, Pelican kills it.

Le Fleur Ambre from Pelican Pub & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.