Schwarzbier - Vino's Brewpub

Schwarzbier |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Gagnonsux on 02-06-2005

2.67/5  rDev n/a

First had: on tap at Vino's, Little Rock, AR

Not retired. Had on tap in 2011. Honestly, I'm giving this beer some credit even with such an average rating, but I do believe the batch was near the bottom of the barrel, and I actually had to dump it about halfway through. But I was still able to get some feeling for it.

Poured into a pint glass, a hazy dark brown with some grayish yeasty-looking sediment throughout. Aroma was a bit harsh, but still had a decent roasty malt quality. Taste was...off. Definitely typical schwarzbier attributes in there--dark roasted malts, cocoa--but very yeasty and medicinal. I know something had to be wrong with this batch...though they did serve it to me anyway, so what can I say? Hopefully this beer is better on a normal day.

3.88/5  rDev n/a

From notes taken at the brewpub. The color is almost pitch black with a dark ruby hue when viewed against the light. Head is short and creamy. The aroma is of chocolate malt, not very strong. The taste is very smooth of toasted chocolate. Malt tastes are moderately complex. If I didn't know better I would have guessed I was drinking an ale here, like a porter or something along those lines.

Schwarzbier from Vino's Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.