Firehouse Pale Ale - Vino's Brewpub

good

Vino's Brewpub visit their website
Arkansas, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.00% ABV

Medium-bodied amber ale, lightly fruity with hop aroma.

(Beer added by: pezoids on 05-11-2002)
Reviews by estlinska:
estlinska

03-10-2013 22:31:52 | More by estlinska
EagleTalon

Oklahoma

4.15/5  rDev +16.2%

I hear that this is the most popular house brew at Vino's. I've had it several times and was never dissapointed. Balanced, smooth, and complements their calzones and pizza well. It's not my favorite there, but it is certainly not bad either.

05-11-2002 11:38:31 | More by EagleTalon
dotsonjamesg

2.8/5  rDev -21.6%

I have heard a lot of good things about this place from friends and coworkers. Coming from California and living amidst many pizza places/brew pubs I have somewhat high standards from these places and know what they are capable of.

I really liked the place itself. It had a real homey and had a personable vibe to it. It was a little confusing, as there were several different sitting areas, including a club in the back. We chose to sit on the upper deck and we really enjoyed it, the weather was lovely. Everyone was also polite and patient with me, which was nice because I didn't really know how everything worked there.

They need to really work on their pizza recipes, as it seems their "supreme" style pizza really only consists of two types of olives, and that's it. If I wanted an olive pizza, I would have ordered olive pizza.

Appearance: Nice deep coppery color with a small head.

Smell: Cascade hops, definitely.

Taste: Kind of bland for a pale ale. Its probably the worst pale ale I have had in a really long time. Its not bad but it really wasn't what I was hoping for. It lacked a bite and the flavor just kind of slid off my palate, if that makes sense.

Mouthfeel: Its a pale ale, need I say more?

Drinkability: As stated before, it wasn't everything I hoped for. It wasn't bad, per say, but I didn't enjoy drinking much.

I really liked the atmosphere of the place but I don't really think the beer was worth the effort. I have had way better pizza and beer from smaller joints. I think it would be a great place to go on a date though and I give big points to service and friendliness.

Cheers!

-Dotson

04-06-2009 00:16:08 | More by dotsonjamesg
david_alien

02-02-2013 14:48:52 | More by david_alien
RBorsato

3.43/5  rDev -3.9%

Tasted on-tap 04/17/07 at Vino's Pizza Pub and Brewery in Little Rock, AR.

Solid golden in color with a low off-white head. Nice standard balanced English Pale Ale; not very hoppy but enough to off-set the sweetness. Medium-light bodied.

Not really an APA in my book. I'd pass on this one the next time I'm in town.

05-17-2007 20:07:16 | More by RBorsato
soju6

Missouri

3.4/5  rDev -4.8%

A: Served a copper color with a small head and some lacing.

S: Aroma of caramel sweetness, citrus with a bit of fruit in the background.

T: Mild sweetness with a bit of citrus. Has a nice bitterness and a clean finish.

F: Medium body, crisp and smooth with a nice texture. Nicely balanced.

O: Enjoyable beer that hit the spot. Nice offering from a small local brewer.

05-08-2012 14:13:06 | More by soju6
NickT2121

3.48/5  rDev -2.5%

A - poured from growler into pint glass. Pours a beautiful copper color. Very clear. Small creme color head about half finger head that diminished quickly, but left good lacing all the way down the glass.

S - first few pulls I get the cascade hops that piney smell for sure, then I get lingering citrus lemony notes. A little deeper into it I deffinitely get the sweet maltyness Smell

T - Sweet caramel malty flavor at first then a citrus pine taste towards the end.

M - Light/Medium feel not a lot of carbonation with a semi dry bitter finish

O - it's a good ale in my opinion I heard great things about this beer it's not my favorite but I did enjoy it for sure. A smooth semi bitter pale ale from vinos goes great with there Hawaiian pizza ( pineapple ham and bbacon) gotta have bacon lol.

Enjoy

BlackBeerDown

12-27-2013 00:21:35 | More by BlackBeerDown
GCBrewingCo

4.22/5  rDev +18.2%

The beer arrived at the table clear pale golden amber with a low head which lasted.

The aroma was fruity with caramel most prevalent and cascade hop presence.

The flavor was fruity with light caramel, but it quickly went dry. The bittering was substantial and quickly overcomes the malty sweetness. The hop flavor was all cascade although the bittering was most likely something different.

The finish was dry with a lasting caramel impression and lasting cascade hop flavor. The body was medium.

There best seller according to the waiter. Nicely crisp with good hop bittering which contained quite a hop charge.

05-13-2005 21:44:24 | More by GCBrewingCo
lostgrrl666

3.75/5  rDev +5%

07-06-2013 23:22:18 | More by lostgrrl666
Boto

Connecticut

3.35/5  rDev -6.2%

Draught @ the Brewpub: This one poured a lighter amber color. There was almost no head to it at all. There was a fair amount of fiziness going on in this one. The aroma was rather thin. I barely got some maltiness and pine hops. The taste is OK, but rather non-descript. There are some malts, some hops, but it is unremarkable. It does go well with their pizza. It is much better than most anything else available in the area!

09-13-2005 18:23:37 | More by Boto