Microbrew Invitational

Availability: Summer

Added by GreenCard on 08-14-2008

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
3.72/5  rDev n/a

I've just spent an hour fighting a 'Pampas Grass' colony in my hedgehog sanctuary at the back of my garden, so I needed a thirst quenching special, I thought this might do the trick:

Clear 500ml bottle, best before 20th May 2010, drank and reviewed on a sunny Sunday afternoon in March 2010. Poured into a pint glass (vase shaped).

The beer is a a clear golden amber colour on top sat an off-white small bubbley foaming head.

The rear label claims it had a smell of raspberry, fruity and floral, I agree, the wife could even smell a raspberry hint in the aroma.

Strange mix of flavours, dry yet sweet in the first instance, turning hop bitter towards the end of the mouthfeel. The wheat content can be found easily enough and the malted barley is also prominent, both sit nicely with the hops and produce a pleasant fruity tasting beer.

Ideal for what I needed, as Summer beer, or one for replenshing a tired body after a bit of toil.

3.23/5  rDev n/a

Appearance: copper, lots of rising bubbles, thick layer of creamy foam with a rocky top, good clarity, great head retention

Aroma: raspberries and kiwi, black currants, malt, hint of floral hops

Flavor: medium malt sweetness with hints of raspberry tea and a very mild bitterness; finishes semisweet with a lingering fruitiness

Mouthfeel: medium-light body, pert carbonation, soft texture

Other comments: It's a clear bottle, so I expected skunk, but there must not be a lot of hops in here because I mostly smell raspberries (though there are no raspberries in this). An OK beer, but no need to seek it out.

Long Days from Badger Brewery, Hall and Woodhouse
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.