Abbey Ale - Telegraph Brewing Company

Abbey Ale
No picture uploaded.

Telegraph Brewing Company visit their website

Dubbel |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mactrail on 11-06-2012)
3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

raulazzer, Apr 12, 2014
3.53/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at Kinetic Brewing Company in Lancaster, CA.

Pours a clear light copper with a foamy khaki head that settles to a small cap on top of the beer. Foamy swaths of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, dark fruit, spice, and Belgian yeast aromas. Taste is much the same with dark fruit and spice flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of spice bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer that is tasty and easy to drink.

UCLABrewN84, Feb 25, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

dertyd, Feb 21, 2014
2.89/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I like Belgian beer, and I like Belgian dubbels a lot, so I was happy to try this new-to-me beer on tap. It looked perfectly good ... typical medium brown color, a little head, etc.

But when I tasted it, I was sorely disappointed. This beer did not taste like any Belgian dubbel in my experience.

Its aroma and flavor were missing in action, almost. Instead, I just got this sensation of stale alcohol without anything positive going on. It reminded me of college days when roommates would get drunk on cheap beer ... that's what the aroma seemed like.

I don't know if the beer was old and stale itself. I had it on draft at a place where I've had many beers, and I've never seen any problems there, so I doubt it was a dirty lines problem. I think it was just a mediocre beer.

I drank about half my glass and poured the rest.

VashonGuy, Feb 19, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

ste5venla, Jan 20, 2014

foxyaardvark27, Jan 16, 2014

Beermazter310, Dec 16, 2013
3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

t0rin0, Feb 26, 2013
3.78/5  rDev +4.1%

On tap at Beachwood in Seal Beach on Aug. 24, 2012.

Brownish amber in the big chalice. Attractive clear color with a decent foam. Quite nicely carbonated.

What is that sweet fruity flavor? Passion fruit nectar? Pears? Nutty, like buttered pecans with some grain flavors. Some biscuity malt to go with the tart fruit. Malty but not heavy bodied. Pears and pecans is my final answer. Totally different sort of Belgian flavors. Not like any other Dubbel in my experience. Quite drinkable if you like some mystery in your mug.

mactrail, Nov 06, 2012
Abbey Ale from Telegraph Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.