Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Triumph Brewing Company
New Jersey, United States | website

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by AltBock on 09-23-2008

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
1.78/5  rDev -32.8%

First had: at Philly Craft Beer Fest

This might actually deserve a better rating. I had it at a beer fest, and I think there must have been something wrong with the tap line. Poured a clear pinkish color that more closely resembled a Cranberry Ginger Ale than a beer. Light grains in the aroma, and watered down raspberry scents. Tasted like a watery raspberry seltzer, with almost no semblance to a beer. If there wasn't something wrong with the tap, then this is really not a good beer, which would be unusual for Triumph who are usually spot on with their brews. Haven't seen this around since the beer fest a couple years back, but I'll give it another chance if ever I do see it again.

3.26/5  rDev +23%

This was on-tap at the Princeton location on 9/21/2008. I didn't see what the ABV% was, but they did say that this was an end of summer treat. They served it to me in a Pilsner glass.

I best way I could describe the appearance of this beer is that it looked almost exactly like ruby red grapefruit juice. Not exactly because this beer was more murky than the juice. Sitting on top of this funky colored beer was a 1/2 an inch head of white foam. This head of foam had pretty good retention that left behind foamy white rings and 2 small blots of white lace. The smell of this beer was heavy on the ripe raspberries (well duh) with the slightest touch of malted wheat behind it. The taste was alomst the same as the aroma. It featured a ton of raspeberries with a small touch of malted wheat, but the taste had a slight dry bitter finish to it. The mouthfeel was light with an aftertaste of (you guessed it) ripe raspberries and malted wheat. It was just the same thing over and over again. I know its suppose to taste like raspeberries, but I would liked a little bit more of a variety in here. Overall, I could see this as a end of summer treat. Instead of rapsberry tea, you could put this beer in its place. If you like raspeberries and Witbiers, then you have to try this one at Triumph.

Raspberry Witbier from Triumph Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.