Chocolate Stout - Rogue Ales

12 Ingredients:

15º PLATO
77 AA
135º Lovibond
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,901 | Reviews: 1,874

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%

I picked this particular bottle in order to review the top 100 beers of fame. I've had a lot of this beer during my years in Portland, and so this pour in New Jersey gets me closer to home.

I paired this bomber with my steak. I wondered whether the chocolate would work with the red meat, and it really did a good job. Now I continue to sip this as a dessert. One detraction in my meal, don't serve this with pickles (my fault, not the beer's).

Overall this is a very good stout. The name serves it very well. You get a soft chocolate flavor in the nose, taste, and across the palatte in the texture.

This beer is spot on. I recommend it. Rogue tends to be a little expensive on the East Coast, but it is really worth it for these suds.

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

2.75/5  rDev -33.7%

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.15/5  rDev 0%

A-Pours nearly perfect black. Light barely penetrates the beer's furthest edges. Dark khaki head is minimal in stature but adds and extra piece of attraction to the overall look.

S-Smells like liquified milk chocolate. Behind the chocolate fondue aroma is light roast. They really nailed the chocolate here. So pure and intense.

T-Literally tastes like a Hershey bar melted to pure liquid. In the liquid chocolate seems to be a quick but generous pour of coffee. The taste is pretty awesome. It is one-sided but it is supposed to be. Really cool

M-Full feel with mellow carbonation. Feel and flavor match well and complement one another.

O/D-This is a chocolate explosion in a glass. I truly enjoyed this brew. I liked it a lot more that Southern Tier's Choklat. I found this one to be more of a pure chocolate flavor. Really nice but one glass is enough because it is very rich.

4.03/5  rDev -2.9%

Been on a chocolate binge lately, this is delicious but I've come to the conclusion that I'll just stick to chocolate milk.

Beautiful darkest brown, big creamy chocolate head, lace, really good looking beer. Smells, what else, milk chocolate. Nice mix of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, roasted malts, even some hops leading to a nice bittersweet finish. Nice and creamy on the palate, at the end of a (too) long day, I would have preferred 16 oz serving though. I had a growler of their double chocolate once which was probably my favorite chocolate beer to date.

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Chocolate Stout from Rogue Ales