Chipotle Ale - Rogue Ales

Chile Beer |  5.50% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-09-2002

Label of 22 oz bottle:

No Chemicals, No Preservatives, No Additives.

Oregon Brewed - Established 1988

Oxygen Fixing Caps - 35 IBU
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Chipotle Ale Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 651-675 | 676-700 | 701-725  | next › last »
Ratings: 1,370 | Reviews: 706
1.41/5  rDev -60.4%

I don't know if the bottle was bad, or if I just hated the beer, but this one went straight down the drain after just a few sips. The beer poured a reddish color and smelled like chipotles. It also tasted quite a bit like them. Now I really like chipotle peppers, but something with this beer didn't agree with me. The person I was splitting the bomber with finished his glass, something I couldn't do. I have liked everything else from Rogue so I was expecting to like this one. But it just wasn't drinkable. I guess it is an acquired taste.

1.34/5  rDev -62.4%

This is the first Rogue I have ever hated. The beer poured a very average reddish-orange with a head to match - lightly colored. The nose however was very disenchanting with a smoky yet unappetizing overripe fruitiness. The taste was spicy and downright wretched like an infected batch of homebrew...sour, spicy and smoky.

I don't understand how this one left the brewery. Maybe it's the ultimate in acquired taste, but I poured half of the bomber down the sink...such a pity.

1.33/5  rDev -62.6%

I love chipotle spices and I love ale. But this beer did not hit my tongue in a favorable way and I had to pour most of it out. The smoky spices were overwhelming and no malt or hop flavor or aroma could break through. Very disappointing, since I am a fan of Rogue's other products.

The taste of the beer just didn't do it for me at all. It wasn't too spicy, it just tasted funky. Might have been a bad bottle, but I never want to smell this beer again!

The beer did look nice and red in the glass, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was food coloring.

1.18/5  rDev -66.9%

I love Rogue beers and I really like spicy food, but felt that this beer was just awful. It was too hot and actually tasted like Chipotle, or like it had to be spiced with jalapeno. I had it on tap and had to force myself to drink this beer like I was back in rugby hazing. I'd rather have a tequila shot, and I hate tequila.

1.06/5  rDev -70.2%

Probably, by far one of the most terrible beers i've ever had if not the worst. Tastes like a cruel joke involving someone literally pouring chipotle sauce in beer and calling it a style. Made me want to vomit, and gave me immediate indigestion with only two gulps.

This is by no means a bash to rogue brewing, because they put out some stuff i truly enjoy (i.e. santas private reserve, dead guy, and xs) Would refrain from ever wasting your money on this. The bottle is cool, but the beer is an atrocity.

one of the few beers I have ever poured out, it was flat, oily, and tasted like liquid paprika, I was extremely disappointed and shocked. Considering the brewery it comes from and the esteem they accrue, I cannot understand how they allowed this to get onto shelves, I honestly don't think I have purchased another rogue beer since.

this beer is vile and tastes like an ashtray in a Mexican restaurant

« first ‹ prev | 651-675 | 676-700 | 701-725  | next › last »