Chipotle Ale - Rogue Ales

Chile Beer |  5.50% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-09-2002

Label of 22 oz bottle:

No Chemicals, No Preservatives, No Additives.

Oregon Brewed - Established 1988

Oxygen Fixing Caps - 35 IBU
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Chipotle Ale Alström Bros
4.47/5  rDev +25.6%

Appearance is a translucent amber-orange with a huge tan head. The individual bubbles on the side of the glass look larger than usual. Gorgeous lacing as I drink it down.

The smell is smoky chipotle. It's overwhelming.

Taste is, you guessed it, smoky chipotle. I've had beer infused with hot peppers before and they were disgusting. This one is great. It's not hot, it just gives you the smoke and the flavor of the chipotle pepper. There's a sweet smooth malt flavor underneath the chipotle. I made some enchiladas the other day with chipotles in them and I can't wait to eat the one I'm warming, accompanied by this beer, as soon as I finish this review. I love chipotle peppers and I can't believe it works this well in a beer.

Nice thick creamy mouthfeel.

This stuff is awesome. I wish I could have one of these every time I have mexican food.

4.48/5  rDev +25.8%

I wasn't sure what to except of this beer since the last chile beer I had was Crazy Ed's and I didn't care for that one bit. Based on the BA rating and knowing that it's a Rogue Ale I knew I wouldn't be let down. It pours a cloudy brown color with little head. For some reason I was excepting a strong chile smell, but it is quite mild as it that of brown ale. With the mouthfeel you have a nice sense of carbonation and is smooth. The taste is similar to a brown ale, but has hint of another flavor I just can't pinpoint. Even for people that don't like the idea of chile in beer should give this at try, I was pleasantly surprised and can easily drink several of these. Two thumbs up on this one.

Chipotle Ale from Rogue Ales