Join our email list →

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Rogue Ales
Oregon, United States | website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Beer added by: younger35 on 09-06-2007

2.73/5  rDev n/a

Hazy honey color with good head and lots of lacing. Not sure if I like haze in a pale ale.

Smells like sweet bread. No aroma hops.

Lots of bitter hops in the taste, kinda overpowers the weak malt flavor.

Very foamy in the mouth; too carbonated.

Not terribly great; I can't see myself buying this again.

2.64/5  rDev n/a

Picked up this bomber at Rogue’s Brewery. This brew was made for the 100 year anniversary of the protection for the Three Arch Rocks National Wildlife Refuge. Drank from my Dead Guy Ale pint glass.

Appearance- Pours a yellowish amber with a soft one finger head that recedes fairly quickly leaving a nice collar. Not much carbonation with even less lacing.
Smell- Very soft caramel malt along with some soft citrusy hops. The malt is the main focus in the nose but the hops sort of smell like plastic. I checked the bottle and this beer uses Amerillo Hops. Bingo on the plastic.
Taste- Big buttery doughy malt that is very toffee like and sweet. Semi astringent with a lingering bitterness. Finishes grapefruity with a bitterness that stay on the back of the tongue and lingering aspirin taste. There is also a strangely metallic like flavor.
Mouthfeel- Medium body with decent carbonation.
Drinkability- This isn’t my favorite offering from Rogue. It has that lingering weird metallic, aspirin taste that I severely hate. Taste’s like every beer from Sun Valley Brewing. I’m glad I tried this but I would never purchase again.

Puffin Pale Ale from Rogue Ales
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.