Rogue Farms Wet Hop Ale - Rogue Ales
Displayed for educational use only; do not reuse.
Ratings: 141 | Reviews: 102 | Show All Ratings:
2.78/5 rDev -22.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3
Poured from Bottle into Imperial Pint glass.
Pours a clear orange-copper color with a couple fingers of off-white head that leaves a heavy layer atop the glass. The aroma is grapefruit, caramel malt and some alcohol. The flavor is grapefruit hoppiness upfront and quickly develops into a strong malt flavor and finishes sweet and slightly dry. Its medium bodied and softly carbonated. This beer needs more hops in the nose and a more consistent hop flavor especially since its fresh hopped. I'm more looking for hop bombs from Fresh Hop ales and this just wasn't that. This beer should certainly be considered an American Pale.
Serving type: bottle
10-01-2009 04:52:16 | More by DiabolikDUB
3.88/5 rDev +8.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4
Found a nice fresh bottle at New Seasons... a brand new fresh hop ale from Rogue with their Independent and Revolution hops.... it is however on tap at their pub locations as well. I grabbed a bottle.
- Nice dark semi-cloudy amber color with foamy white head that leaves a bit of lacing all about. Looks sweet and rich.
- This fluid is masking its goodness... a very light mild caramel scent with a bare hint of fresh hops.. slightly floral and zingy bitter. Must be a characteristic of wet hops.
- A well balanced ale.. packed with a pleasant malt profile of caramel and slight sweetness.... and not really a hop bomb of sorts... but the bitter portion is there with a nice pull of pine and grass.
- Little chewy and tongue curling because of the bitterness.
- Overall a very well balanced ale... balanced well with malt and pine hop bitter goodness. Not a bad fresh hop ale, and I am sure different from all the rest.
Serving type: bottle
09-19-2009 21:12:37 | More by Docer
Rogue Farms Wet Hop Ale from Rogue Ales
81 out of 100 based on 141 ratings.