Beard Beer - Rogue Ales

American Wild Ale |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: TheSixthRing on 07-05-2013

3.25/5  rDev -8.2%

3.29/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A - Pale yellow and bubbly like soda. Vigorous pour to bring up the head with little retention and no lacing.

S - Sweet maltiness with apples and grapefruit

T - Big sweet malts, lots of citrus, lemon and grapefruit. Only slightly bitter and not much presence of alcohol.

M - Light body with high carbonation. Very soda like and not very sticky.

O - It's an ok beer but nothing really exciting other than the source of the yeast. Definitely a good conversation starter but not a beer I'll come back to.

I don't know much about rating beer. With that being said, I thought this beer was not bad tasting, but the idea of it being made from the yeast of a man's beard messed with my mind so much that I wouldn't finish drinking it. However, I like the novelty of it. I like being able to say I drank a beer made from a man's beard! @.@

3.53/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

I guess the brewmaster cultivated some fairly well behaved yeasts in his beard. This is a nice Belgian-y light copper ale. It throws a bit of peach and very, very slight sour notes. Hop notes are very, very light which accentuates the yeast. Not a lot of complexity to the malt flavor.Overall, an enjoyable Belgian-style ale.

3.26/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Purchased at Liquor Shed with some apprehension.

A hazy medium gold/yellow colour, the foam does it's thing with a good head and good lacing.

The nose, to me, has a lot of citrus and clove, maybe not so much citrus, more of a coriander smell. I get some sweet that reminds me of candi sugar, a hint of something directing me towards the tart but maybe not.

Okay, the taste doesn't live up to the smell. Clove, some coriander, a hint or 2 of pepper, some sweetness that, how do I put this, comes from a low grade candi sugar, if that even exists. The smell was lively and vibrant, tasting leaves a bit to desired for my palate.

This beer does pretty much nothing for my palate. Yeah, I glad I tried it and got this review in but this is definitely a one off.

4.25/5  rDev +20.1%