Keller - Green Man Brewery

Beer added by: VitBAficionado on 02-12-2008

Reviews by lamarr04:
3.87/5  rDev +0.3%

500 ml bottle poured into a glass mug

A: Hazy gold with quickly dissipating white head.

S: Lemon, fresh cut grass, sweet fruit like banana or apricot and yeast, especially after I emptied the bottle into the mug.

T: Mild flavors. lemony bitterness, mild sweetness, biscuity around the edges with yeast, again especially after I emptied the bottle.

M: Light to medium body with light carbonation, a dry finish. very clean mouthfeel.

D: Mild but interesting flavor profile, body on the lighter side, and clean mouthfeel make for a nice drinkable beer.

3.96/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Obtained this bottle online from the International Beer Shop in Perth (thanks guys)

Pours a light straw colour, enormous off-white head, sinks meringue-like and unevenly, looks puffy and creamy though. Lacing is pretty decent with networked webs running here and there. Cloudy, almost opaque body, just a pastel yellow block of liquid. Love it.

Nose is quite musty but very German, with a fair amount of fruit - citrus, pawpaw and a nice bitter hop character. Bit of yeast, quite juicy in its aroma really, and yeah, a slight dusty character as well. Pleasant, not particularly impressive though.

Taste is very fruity and pleasant, with a strong banana character taking a ride on the flavour train, accompanied by its citrus friends and a bit of cranberry almost. A distinct gritty character on here, quite a boozey phenol, actually, with a slight spicy yeast coming through as well.

Mouthfeel is light-bodied but with a fair amount of texture and a nice subtly drying finish. For its fruitiness it's not very sweet, slightly tart with an aggressive bittering hop character, but very clean and very drinkable, with a lightly crisp hoppy finish. A quaffable lager with nice flavours. I like Kellerbiers, I like them a lot.

3.81/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Served to me blind by laituegonflable. Cheers bro.

Pours a lovely hefeweizen yellow, shining, but cloudy, with a thick, foamy, sudsy and solid head of white bubbles that leave some styrofoam lacing down the edges of the glass. Looks pretty as a picture, and even better - a picture you can go ahead and drink.

Pleasant mild citrus on the nose, hints of orange peel, a little lemon resin, and a slight carbonic acidity, which surprisingly mellows the otherwise sharp characters. Light hint of mustiness. Not a massive nose, but very pleasant all the same.

The nose and appearance threw me off, I was expecting nothing else but a smooth and buttery hefe or wit, perhaps a slight bite of clove spice. But I got a rather unexpected hoppy bitterness, combined with a tingle of lactic acidity. Light boozy hint tapers off at the end, but there was certainly nothing of the smooth, wheat characters I was expecting. Spice, resin, noble bitterness and light phenols rule on the palate. Certainly more the character of a Belgian Strong Pale (or, if I'd realised it at the time, a Zwickel). Mouthfeel clingy but tingling.

A very drinkable and certainly very palatable brew. It was my own fault that I was so confused, but once I'd recalibrated my expectations, I enjoyed it a lot. When I discovered the style, I kicked myself, because this is a very good example - I just had a blind spot.

3.79/5  rDev -1.8%

Pours an opaque golden-amber with a small white head that disappears leaving no lacing. Very fresh aroma of tangerine, banana, lemongrass and a musty/yeasty malt. Taste is initially of citrus fruit replaced by a very bready and yeasty malt with a hint of banana. Grass and slightly spice finish. Medium body with almost no carbonation. Arguably the most flavorful and fully-realized beer from Green Man yet.

Keller from Green Man Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.