The Far East - Barrel Aged Imperial House IPA - Tamamura Honten

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Tamamura Honten visit their website
Japan

(Beer added by: John_Henry on 03-15-2013)
Reviews by John_Henry:
3.58/5  rDev 0%

The bottle also reads: "Aged in Barrels of Ichiro's Malt CHICHIBU The Floor Malted". I that maybe this is aged in the barrels from chichiba distillery.

Whilst this is labeled an Imperial IPA, for me it's closer to an American Barley wine, but I listed the beer style as written on the bottle.

A: Pours with no head, little carbonation, and slightly cloudy. A good dark gold colour, almost amber.

S: Very little smell, but what you get is what you taste, quite sweet, almost honey like, sweet alcahol. No hops at all, that I can note.

T: For me this is an American Barley wine, and tastes very similar to other US Barley wines I've had. That said, I am a fan of Barley wine so this is sitting very well with me. Smooth sweet, with hints of whisky, a little kick from the 13%!! but overall very easy going and dangerously drinkable.

M: Pretty smooth with the low carbonation, high alcohol and sweetness.

O: Very interesting beer. I'm personally not sure whats going on with the style, but I don't believe that to be important. This is definitely worth trying if you have the opportunity.

The Far East - Barrel Aged Imperial House IPA from Tamamura Honten
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.