I Beat YoU - Mikkeller ApS

I Beat YoUI Beat YoU

Mikkeller ApS visit their website
Denmark

Heavily hopped with Herkules, Centennial, Warrior, Amarillo, Simcoe and Columbus.

Brewed at BrewDog, Scotland.

(Beer added by: bark on 11-18-2009)

Listers, Nov 24, 2011

ineva, Nov 18, 2011

captainbearcat, Jan 19, 2013

bluesplit63, Dec 05, 2011

animamber, Jan 29, 2013
4.86/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

12 oz bottle served in a tulip. This is so heavenly. Dark amber color, off white head. First aroma was overpowering spruce pine; later smells sweet. Taste is grapefruit and woody pine, with a honey sweet finish. The only *possible* improvement would be if there were slightly more carbonation. But overall this is amazing and I can't wait to get more. Be careful - definitely can't tell that this is 9.75%.

gabrielsyme, Apr 06, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +23.7%

This dipa is like a fertile and enchanted forest. Alas, it is quite expensive for just a single 12 oz bottle so I probably will not be buying this except for special occasions, though I do intend to revisit this one someday.

Poured a nice rocky head into a pint glass. It dwindled quickly, but it kept a film over the beer the whole time with fresh bubbles from the lively carbonation. The color in my lighting was a murky burnt orange. This beer has one of the most complex smells I've ever gotten from a double IPA. It starts with a malty undertone from which bursts of mountainous fauna scents emerge. The blend of the hops they use does wonderful things, I can't really believe it, but there it is.

Tastes go from incredibly bitter on the tip of the tongue, to citrus and malt in the back and man do they play nicely together. The malt and hop assault don't seem to wane even after the beer has been drank, which has happened faster than I have anticipated...that 9.75% hid well.

This beer is fan-****ing-tastic.

Whadawookie, Dec 14, 2011

kaneel, Jun 16, 2012

JLapadura, Jun 24, 2013

MarkQ617, Jul 05, 2014

Jamison85, Mar 24, 2013
4.72/5  rDev +21.6%

11.2oz, 9.75% ABV American style IIPA. Into chouffe tulip.

A- Nice copper color with some orangey glow. Sticky 3-finger head that looks like fresh snow. Eggshell white. Immediate lacing and great staying power. Fantastic pour.

S- Hops from a mile away. Fruity, mango, peach, grapefruit. As I get in closer pine sap and some lilac are noted. Simcoe for sure.

T- That's bitter. Not nearly the malt body of 1000 IBU, but almost certainly all the hops. If you're looking for a hop bomb look no further. Simcoe hops are easy to pick up on. Fruity and a bit grassy, with a strong pine finish.

Immense lingering bitterness. I can't say I've ever knowingly tried the Herkules hop.. a bit of poking around suggests it may be responsible for the strong bitterness. Tasty. Almost a bit of mint in the finish... yeah, like fresh mint leaves. The mint is more and more pronounced as I sip and really throws me for a loop... but I'm diggin' it.

M- Very bitter but in a good way, no bitter beer face. What I've come to love in a DIPA- Great, deep hop profile and a nice pale malt that acts as a platform for the hops. No residual sugars or caramel sweetness in this one.

D- Moderate. I *love* this beer. I will buy a few more while it's around, but the limited availability and the $$ (6 bucks a bottle) kind of hurt it as I won't be buying this all the time. Still, another treat from Mikkeller, who has created a fantastic DIPA. Worth seeking out while the hops are kicking as hard as they are right now.

If RR put this out as 'Pliny the middle-aged statesperson' it'd be on the BA top 100 in a heartbeat. One of the more impressive IIPAs I've ever had.

ShogoKawada, May 22, 2010
4.66/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a Dogfish pint glass. No freshness date.

A- Pours a very murky brown color with a 1/4 inch light tan head that retains decently before becoming a thin ring around the edge of the glass and a light sheet of surface foam. Spotty lacing.

S- Very floral, pungent hop aroma with a semi-medicinal aspect. Very, very earthy.

T- Shot of grassy bitterness which then backs off leaving a smooth finish and a piney aftertaste. Alcohol springs up here and there but is mostly overshadowed by the hops. Also has a sweet malt duality that pulls everything together. Dank; there's no other word to describe it.

M- Oily and a bit sharp, but well-restrained without being too bitey or heavy. Full-ish body with medium carbonation.

O- Simply brilliant. Man, I love this guy!

Immortale25, Apr 12, 2012
4.53/5  rDev +16.8%

No joke - I graduated from Columbia last week. During my night out on the town with a friend a few days later, we ended up at the Blind Tiger Ale House. I'd never heard of Mikkeller but we saw a ton of these going out to various drinkers so I decided to give it a shot. Sure enough, I loved it and I'm still wondering why I hadn't heard of these guys earlier!

Maybe one of the best pours I've ever seen from a tap beer! This had a gorgeous reddish-orange glow, a small but present head, and almost no carbonation to it. It looked smooth and tasted it, which serves as a testament to the amazingly complex flavor of this. There was lots of fruit to this - citrus, melon, and apricot. It tasted light but the earthy British-like hop background gave it a nice depth that balanced out the flavors. This felt strong from an alcohol standpoint but didn't taste it and I actually had to hold myself back from downing it too quick. It almost felt like a Belgian beer but there was just enough malt to make it heavier in the mouthfeel. Was this too good to be true?

Sure enough, the keg kicked out as I finished mine about 45 minutes later. Most DIPA's that I've had tend to be American hop bombs but this ups the ante by quite a bit. It was amazingly easy to get sucked into this and tough to leave in my glass. Is there any wonder that there's only a few of the Mikkeller beers left on tap at the Blind Tiger this week?

JerzDevl2000, May 26, 2010