Hop Burn Double Imperial Pale Ale - Mikkeller ApS

Mikkeller ApS visit their website

Beer added by: bark on 10-23-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.28/5  rDev +7.8%

Pours a golden honey amber with a finger thick white head that coats the glass.

smells of citrus and pine notes.

Tastes of big hop bitterness (grapefruit) up front that mellows as the beer warms. ABV is 10% but hardly noticable.

Mouth feel is medium to low. The bitterness lingers after each sip.

Overall a surpisingly drinkable DIPA. Don't be afraid to pop this open alone you can definantly finish it.

4.17/5  rDev +5%

This is tasty double IPA if you like lots of flavor. It was a good first try for the Mikkeller beers for me. I enjoyed the overall flavors and texture of the beer. I poured it into a regular pint glass and two fingers of head arose along with the floral aromas and sweetness of the hops.

This is a smooth double imperial pale ale to say the least. I was impressed by the way it resonated in my mouth and the diversity of the flavors, an easy and refreshing drink for a 10% beer.

4.32/5  rDev +8.8%

I picked this beer up in a 6-pack mix and it was the first one I pulled out to try. I've heard amazing things about the Mikkeller Brewery but had yet to try one of their beers. Interesting fact about Mikkeller - they're headquartered in Denmark. The Hop Burn Double Imperial IPA states that it is brewed and bottled in Belgium. I found out that Mikkeller has multiple other brewing facilities in multiple countries in Europe and the US.

Unfortunately, I just had a pint glass to pour this baby into. Like the other reviewers said, copper in color with a huge white bubbly head to it. The hops and floral aromas were really prevalent.

The name of this beer hits the taste on the nose. It'll knock you back with a huge hop flavor and has an intense lingering bitterness. I love a strong bite to my beer so I was all for this!

Parting words - if you're not a hop lover - leave this one for the pros.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last