Simcoe Pale Ale - Pizza Port Solana Beach

No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Pizza Port Solana Beach visit their website

Belgian Pale Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: BrewMaster on 10-05-2004

Reviews by BrewMaster:
4.73/5  rDev n/a

I had this beer on 10/2/04 at Pizza Port in Carlsbad. The bartender mentioned that is was a "Belgian Style" so I assume it is a Belgian Pale Ale, but I could be wrong about the beer style. I never pass up a cask-conditioned beer so I had to try it. And I am glad I did.

The beer pours from the hand pump with all the frothy creaminess expected. It is a cloudy orange with a creamy white head that has complete retention. It was creamier than some stouts I've seen. Magnificent.

The aroma was loaded with hops that stayed more on the grassy and earth side. There was a bit of floral scent, but very very little.

The flavor was a well balanced mixed of potent flavors. A clean hops flavor was layered over with citrus notes, oregano, thyme and floral flavors. It ended with a yeasty sweetness. And it was smooth and velvetty on the palate.

This was a damn good pale ale that could hardly be improved upon.

Simcoe Pale Ale from Pizza Port Solana Beach
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.