For Peet's Sake - Pizza Port Solana Beach

For Peet's Sake
No picture uploaded.

Pizza Port Solana Beach visit their website

American Brown Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: t0rin0 on 01-02-2011)

codynevels, Nov 16, 2011
4.9/5  rDev +26.6%

on tap at blindlady.

What can i say..WOW! the most amazingly coffee forward beer ive ever had. Saw it on the board and had to order it as a lover of peets coffee.

A- Poured with a thick, frothy, creamy head

S- COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE

T- Coffee, chocolate, roasty malts

D- I could drink this all day at such a low ABV and amazing taste.

ariotofwords, Jan 27, 2011
3.23/5  rDev -16.5%

01/17/2011

On tap at Stone.

A: Deep brown with chestnut highlights and a wispy light brown head.

S: A blast of coffee. Beneath the onslaught I detect chocolate and a nutty character. Coffee dominates.

T: Lots of coffee with a little chocolate. I wish my coffee tasted like this, but for a beer I like the coffee to be less pronounced, and perhaps afford the drinker a taste of something more than just, well, coffee. A little nuttiness is hidden beneath.

M: Upper medium body. Moderate carbonation. Sticky and creamy mouthfeel.

Overall: Too much coffee and too little of anything else.

HopHead84, Jan 19, 2011
3.88/5  rDev +0.3%

Had at Pizza Port San Clemente while on a recent trip to Cali. Served from tap into a shaker. Poured a deep dark brown with a minimal off-white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of only slight sweet malt and a HUGE load of coffee. The flavor was of slight sweet malt, massive coffee, and maybe a touch of cream on the followthrough. It had a heavy feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this brew wasn't that bad, but as stated before, if you don't like coffee you will hate this one. I don't drink coffee, but do enjoy coffee forward beers (I know it's odd), but I thought this one was okay. One pint would be enough for me though. If you like coffee this is a definite must try. If not, don't say I didn't warn you.

thagr81us, Jan 12, 2011
4.2/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

On-tap at Pizza Port San Clemente

A: The pour is a solid brown/chestnut color with a finger or so of off-white head.

S: Holy crap does this smell like coffee. I'd like to use some more descriptors, and maybe I can smell some chocolate and toffee and caramel, but it's almost all coffee.

T: This has to be the most coffee heavy beer I've had since Kopi Luwak Speedway. It's pretty much like drinking a cup of coffee with maybe just a bit of toffee and toast. Again, if I could throw more adjectives out, I would. But it really just tastes like coffee.

M: The body is medium with a moderate carbonation to it.

D: You really have to enjoy coffee (or at least coffee beers) to be able to drink any significant amount of this. My four or five ounces were enough.

womencantsail, Jan 11, 2011

Sampled 1/7/2011 at the brewpub. A brown ale dosed with chocolate and lots of coffee.

Pours hazy dark brown, low beige head, decent lacing but not much in the way of retention.

Aroma is coffee, chocolate, and more coffee. Trace amounts of toffee are there too.

Flavor is heavy on the coffee and chocolate. Actually it's pretty much ALL coffee. If you drink enough of it at a time (big gulp) you can taste the nutty roasty brown ale underneath.

Body is heavy and not overly drinkable if you don't like coffee. The chocolate is a nice touch and this could be great if you like coffee but for a brown ale it's not very to style.

Ƭίcƙ

t0rin0, Jan 10, 2011
For Peet's Sake from Pizza Port Solana Beach
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.