7-7-12 - Voodoo Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Voodoo Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Tripel |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: adamette on 07-03-2012)
3.75/5  rDev -7.9%

4.75/5  rDev +16.7%

jtw21, Jul 22, 2012
4.45/5  rDev +9.3%

From Voodoo Facebook Page:

7.7.12- Gran Met aged on fresh dragon fruit, mango, papaya, pomegranate, blood oranges, and canary mellon. this beer was made for a very good friend of the brewery who is getting married on, you guessed it, 7.7.12

Poured from tap on Grand Opening Night of Voodoo Brewing Company’s new brewpub in Meadville, PA June 30th, 2012 into a Voodoo Brewing Company snifter.

A Almost no head over a golden yellow/orange hazy body. Body looks good. I guess I would have liked at least a little bit of a head. This being a limited brew, exclusive for the Grand Opening (and a wedding of a friend that is happening July 7th, 2012) I suppose that my snifter could have been filled near the end of the supply. 3.5

S Fruitty goodness, sweet malt of a Belgian Tripel. Good smelling beer makes me want to drink it immediately. 4.5

T Sure enough, the sweet malt of a great Belgian tripel with the addition of fruit goodness. I cannot pick out all of the different fruits that it was brewed with (I can recall Mango, Blood oranges) but that it was a kind of orange/citrus fruitty sense to it. 4.5

M nectar syrup sweet goodness to the feel is really to my liking. Some beers in this style can be dissapointinly thin. Not the case here. Wonderful sweet goodness awaits the taster. 4.5

D/O Drinkability is very high for the 9.5% ABV. I could easily have 4 or 5 of these. That night I just finished the snifter and moved on to a Voodoo Brewing Company Cowbell. Overall the 7-7-12 is a great beer. 4.5

Notes: I just love Voodoo Brewing Company and I was anxious to go out and support their new brewpub in Meadville. Anyone reading this should do the same!

adamette, Jul 03, 2012
7-7-12 from Voodoo Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.