Join our email list →

California, United States | website

American IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: barleywinefiend on 02-18-2008

1.95/5  rDev -15.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 1.5

Did I get a bad batch? Went to the brewery and got something that tasted very medicinal with a diacetyl smell. Other selections tasted/smelled fine.

I had this at Monterey Coast Brewery on my honeymoon after we went to the Steinbeck Center.

Appearance- light amber color, thin head

Smell- some hops

Taste- a bit of hops

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- I thought it was ok but as far as IPA's go it definitely wasn't that good of an IPA. Average I guess

1.19/5  rDev -48.3%

I took a sip and couldn't believe that this was an IPA, let alone a microbrewery beer. The worst IPA I've ever had.

The color was OK and it had a very thin head. The beer smelled sour, and I knew then that this would not be a good beer. I tasted it and it was almost medicinal.

I was very disappointed as I always look forward to drinking a great IPA.

I only drank 3 sips of this beer and left almost an entire pint glass of it behind.

2.45/5  rDev +6.5%

Poured a deep honey color. On the nose there was not even the fintest smell of hops or anything else for that matter. No citrus, no floral bouquet. In the NW this would be considered a light IPA. I know hops are expensive these days but man oh man..very disappointing.

India Pale Ale from Monterey Coast Brewing
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.