Dude Double IPA - Oceanside Ale Works

Dude Double IPADude Double IPA

Oceanside Ale Works visit their website

Beer added by: womencantsail on 09-03-2010

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 81 | Reviews: 19

4.25/5  rDev +25.7%

3.25/5  rDev -3.8%

Aroma and taste are a bit onion like. I expected a citrusy west coast ipa. Color is copper and clear with white sticky head. I guess I don't care for the onion-vegetable hop flavor and smell.

2.08/5  rDev -38.5%

Just okay. In a market where DIPAs are everywhere, this one does not stand out. Low aroma, body is too light. You could do better for the money.

1.5/5  rDev -55.6%

awful upfront, awful finish--like eating ragweed and then licking a 2x4

4.92/5  rDev +45.6%

3.4/5  rDev +0.6%

3.67/5  rDev +8.6%

2.37/5  rDev -29.9%

Aroma of grain and a whiff of the compost pail. Standard orangey amber color with a slight foam. Carbonation is below par. It feels a little greasy in the mouth.

Intense, overpowering bitterness. A taste of spoiled fruit. Dishwatery aftertaste. Even a distinct hint of plastic. I find it hard to believe this is 10.4% as stated on the label. I thought it might be some bittering juice for a lager or six, but I wouldn't spoil a Colt 45 with this.

This is my least favorite brew from Oceanside. And maybe the single worst unspoiled DIPA ever in my experience. From the 22 oz bottle purchased at Baron's Market in San Diego. Bottle code is 082614, which is just six weeks ago if I read right.

3.68/5  rDev +8.9%

3.2/5  rDev -5.3%

4.1/5  rDev +21.3%

3.75/5  rDev +10.9%

This beer... It was alright butdidn't have the crisp bitterness I'd expect from a double IPA, also the carbonation was intense.

I had it from a bottle (22 oz), and poured into a wine glass. I started my pour slow which was good as it immediately foamed very thick almost overflowing.

I got most of the way through but had to pour the last 4 oz out as the carbonation made it too hard to drink.

3.5/5  rDev +3.6%

This one is better than the reviews suggest in my opinion. It looks fantastic when poured - a nice bronze with a thick creamy head. Its smell and taste are not typical of other IPA's or Double IPA's and I think that might have affected the ratings. As others have said the expected whollop of hops isn't really at the forefront, but it is there masked somewhat by a citrusy grapefruit flavor. It also seems to have sort of a Belgian effervescence and creaminess. So the Dude doesn't really fall in with IPA convention, but I liked its uniqueness.

2.75/5  rDev -18.6%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Dude Double IPA from Oceanside Ale Works