Drop Kick Ale - Weston Brewing Company & O'Malley's Pub

Drop Kick AleDrop Kick Ale

Weston Brewing Company & O'Malley's Pub visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: bort11 on 08-15-2009)

thefluker, Jan 01, 2014

travy82, Jul 12, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -58.9%

AleWatcher, Jun 20, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -50.7%

Wobbly, Jan 06, 2014
1.55/5  rDev -49%

A - Poured out a dark amber color with a small, white head. There was little to no lacing left behind.

S - It smelled musty with an odd sour aroma. It truly was hard to put your nose into it.

T - Fruity and malty with what tasted a little like a cherry syrup. Very confusing.

M - It was crisp and sharp with a smooth finish. A light to medium-bodied ale.

D - Not good when your two best scores are appearance and mouthfeel. It left me wondering why I keep trying beers from Weston. I had to drain pour the last third of this one.

zeff80, Jun 11, 2010

mojohawk21, May 24, 2014
2.48/5  rDev -18.4%

I am an atheist. This is not to brag or create a debate but my sole purpose of bringing this up is context for my current surroundings and mindset while drinking this beer. I fully believe that your background, preferences and social situation effect how you enjoy a beer and how it's rated. My roommate is currently hosting a bible study at our place. I'm utterly bored.

I poured my Dropkick Ale, brought by someone partaking in this discussion, in a Celebrator glass. I'm engrossed with this beer as I was the Lions game last Thanksgiving with my family. I'm engrossed and enamored, a child with a crush for something that utterly doesn't deserve my fancies. The Dropkick pours a nice crimson brown with decent lacing. This looks like it could be good, like a Lion's game, but once you start looking into it, there's nothing there.

The body is thin and weak, I would prefer there to be more but it's like water. Saddening really. I can't find a smell either, it's not my nose, it's just that it's so weak that there's nothing there. The taste is lacking, apparently as much as Peter's writing. Within this beer there's some slight hops and toffee notes, but a strange spice that's similar to the awkward person at a park who overly enthusiastically waves to his friends so they know “I am here.” Other than this strange spice, everything else is muted, like this gathering around me as I type away on my computer.

You should treat this beer like an atheist should treat bible study's, it's boring and should be avoided.

FernMaster, Jul 11, 2011

GRG1313, Oct 13, 2014

swaghawk, May 15, 2013

thufflife, Jul 24, 2014
2.9/5  rDev -4.6%

12 ounce bottle poured in a tall tumbler.

I picked one of these up at the store this week. Label looked interesting. It wasn't until after I opened the bottle that I read the fine print that it was a Weston beer. My experience with their beers has not been good.

The beer poured with a dark amber color with some red. Minimal head that quickly disappeared with no lacing. A very mild aroma that I couldn't nail down.

Taste wasn't bad. A touch of fruit and barely on the tart side. The tang remained on my tongue for a few minutes.

Drinkability was a little above average. It would go down well on a hot summer day.

All in all, I was not impressed. A few years ago I would have rated this ale higher, but there are now so many that are far better. I can't knock this one too bad, but I won't buy another.

KansasBeerLover, Nov 05, 2010