Sabotage - Benelux Brewpub & Café

to view more.
Ratings: 20 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by wizo:
3.72/5  rDev -6.1%

Cask Days 2011, hop aromas attrative. Appearance above average for a cask lots of bubbles on a golden body. A good bitterness and decent drinkability. Nice cask. High IBU so a bit of a palate saturation requiring break until my next cask. Average American IPA as its brewed today.

3.95/5  rDev -0.3%

Slighty-hazy blonde body with a thin cover of white head. Minimal lacing. Light in colour for an IPA.

The nose is a touch savoury, with noticeable salty minerals. Earthy with papaya, juicy citrus and a hint of grapefruit. The smell seems to be hampered by lack of head.

The hops used here are interesting and unique amongst what I've tried (from what I can remember). I thought I heard someone mention that they were grown in New Zealand. Earthy and piny, not overly bitter but very present. A bit of grapefruit pith with hints of papaya and pineapple rind. Just enough candy malt underneath to showcase these great hops. The alcohol is hidden very well, none being noticeable.

Decent medium body, slightly chewy. Lightly carbonated.

I feel this one should be rated closer to 4 overall so I'll give a little extra points to make up for points lost due strictly to head retention (appearance and nose). Great hops well-featured, I'd definitely order this again.

to view more.