Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling - Taps Brewing Co. Inc.

Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling
No picture uploaded.

Taps Brewing Co. Inc. visit their website
Ontario, Canada

Scottish Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: kwjd on 02-08-2011)
3.63/5  rDev +9.3%

Pint at Bar Volo. Fruity brown colour, chewy and toasty malts. A light scotch, or mild version. Carbonation is there, decently drinkable though more watery as it warms, carmael, some fruity flavours. OK beer, but a big letdown from Kevin Summerville's streak of beers.

Sammy, Feb 15, 2011
3.1/5  rDev -6.6%

It is a hazy reddish brown color.
The aroma was a bit subdued on this one. I just didn't get much on it.
Tasted a bit thin and watery. Some sweetness. Not much body. It's quite a mild beer. No real off flavours, but it just didn't do it for me.
I won't be drinking anymore of this.

cloakNdaggar, Feb 11, 2011
3.43/5  rDev +3.3%

On tap at Taps Brewhouse. One of their newest, and so now I will review with new found fervor.
Clouded mahogany, pours one inch of eggshell cap. Nose of peat moss, smoke, some toffee,basement, slightly fruity. Sweet at first, but it becomes dry and very earthy, with a marked bitterness that lingers. A smoked finish with a full body and creamy mouth feel. Good.

mrmanning, Feb 09, 2011
3.13/5  rDev -5.7%

Had a pint of this at Volo. Pours a copper-orange colour with thin white head. The head dissipates somewhat quickly, small lacing on the glass. Smells a bit bready, though there seems to be something a bit off in there, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't really get any hops. Small toffee in the flavour. This was a bit dissapointing after the string of excellent beers I had from Taps. I was able to finish my pint, but I don't plan to order again.

kwjd, Feb 08, 2011
Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling from Taps Brewing Co. Inc.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.