Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling - Taps Brewing Co. Inc.

Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling

Scottish Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: kwjd on 02-08-2011

Reviews by mrmanning:
3.4/5  rDev +2.7%

On tap at Taps Brewhouse. One of their newest, and so now I will review with new found fervor.
Clouded mahogany, pours one inch of eggshell cap. Nose of peat moss, smoke, some toffee,basement, slightly fruity. Sweet at first, but it becomes dry and very earthy, with a marked bitterness that lingers. A smoked finish with a full body and creamy mouth feel. Good.

3.63/5  rDev +9.7%

Pint at Bar Volo. Fruity brown colour, chewy and toasty malts. A light scotch, or mild version. Carbonation is there, decently drinkable though more watery as it warms, carmael, some fruity flavours. OK beer, but a big letdown from Kevin Summerville's streak of beers.

3.13/5  rDev -5.4%

Had a pint of this at Volo. Pours a copper-orange colour with thin white head. The head dissipates somewhat quickly, small lacing on the glass. Smells a bit bready, though there seems to be something a bit off in there, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't really get any hops. Small toffee in the flavour. This was a bit dissapointing after the string of excellent beers I had from Taps. I was able to finish my pint, but I don't plan to order again.

3.08/5  rDev -6.9%

It is a hazy reddish brown color.
The aroma was a bit subdued on this one. I just didn't get much on it.
Tasted a bit thin and watery. Some sweetness. Not much body. It's quite a mild beer. No real off flavours, but it just didn't do it for me.
I won't be drinking anymore of this.

Taps Scottish Ale 80/- Shilling from Taps Brewing Co. Inc.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.