Peak Organic IPA - Peak Organic Brewing Company

good

Peak Organic Brewing Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Beer added by: WanderingFool on 04-17-2009

This unique India Pale Ale features our favorite hops—Simcoe, Amarillo and Nugget. A generous Amarillo and Simcoe dry hop provide for an assertive, hop-forward nose and front palate. We don’t use traditional bittering hops in our IPA, providing nothing but stimulating citrus and floral characteristics.

Inspired by a recipe from our good friend and fellow homebrewer Tim from the North Shore Homebrewers Club.

1.75/5  rDev -52.6%

4.17/5  rDev +13%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Well shucks, this is an underrated beer (even by myself, preemptively) if I ever had one.
A-great, nothing like too sexy. S-so buttery, T- I don't want to ruin the surprise, but, more buttery. It's like butter paradise. I don't love buttery flavor but it's not like smelling/tasting some artificial butter flavor, it's like smelling/tasting amarillo, simcoe and nugget hops in a beer that is organic, and how many times have you even had an organic beer? M- medium, buttery, amply carbonated and just right in that sense. O-I bought one of these bottle but now I need a sixpack. Do you know how rarely that happens?! Well it'd happen more often if this here American craft brew scene weren't so darn crowded. pleasedrinkthis.

edit: I enjoyed the butteriness in this beer, and recall not enjoying it much in California chardonnays. I now have learned (from other reviews of this beer) that the buttery taste is caused by diacetyl (thanks for pushing me to read up, ya'll). I will buy this beer again and update the review if it's not so apparent. I had only bought one bottle because I was mixing a six-pack to try new things.

3.59/5  rDev -2.7%

12 oz bottle. Pours orange with long lasting, foamy, white head. Aroma is citrusy hops, biscuit malt and orange marmalade. Body is medium and tangy. A lot of citrusy hops, biscuit malt and tropical fruit fill the mouth. Finish is long and very hoppy. Overall it is tasty IPA.

3.25/5  rDev -11.9%

4.5/5  rDev +22%

Very floral, hoppy, delicious feel in mouth.
Enjoyed the taste... a light body but full flavor. I love IPAs and this one suits me perfectly.
Not to hoppy, not to light, just the right amount of flavor.
and 7ABV... we all know the real reason we drink (the beer snobs are in denial, but we drink.. to feel drunk (or buzzed). If you drinking for the flavor and taste then go get some TEA! its way better for ya. But i'm drinking for the buzz.... and at 7ABV and a great taste I give this beer a 4.5!

3.25/5  rDev -11.9%