Assemblage No.2 - Brasserie Dunham

Brasserie Dunham visit their website
Quebec, Canada

American Wild Ale |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 02-22-2014

American brett beer, barrel aged
4.08/5  rDev +1.5%

David sent me this one a while back, cheers man!

Opened this thing and turned around to grab my phone for a selfie, and when I turn back it's slow gushing like crazy. Well the pour went just fine (hazy orange-gold with two fingers of thick off-white head) but that fuckin' thing just kept slow gushing. So I sip, and pour, and sip, and pour, and still haven't got my selfie yet for the social media beer app. Well I finally wise up and pour the last third into another glass, get the selfie, and sit down with this. Great success.

Big dry brett nose on this. Some pineapple and a little citrus, this kind of thing is never a problem for me. Taste is dominated by the brett. Very dry, a touch of fruit ...maybe tropical? I dunno. Brett-fruit, lets say that. Again, not a problem for me but I could see someone finding it a bit much. Medium body, medium-strong, fairly smooth carbonation. Would let gush on my black marble again!

Bottle: Poured a cloudy bright orangey color ale with a large foamy head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma of light funky Brett notes with some light hoppy notes is quite pleasant. Taste is also a pleasant mix of Brett notes with light funky ester with some light hoppy notes with a solid malt backbone. Body is full enough with good carbonation. Light vinous are also noticeable. Nice level of complexity while retaining some really good amount of drinkability.

Assemblage No.2 from Brasserie Dunham
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.