1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Gooseberry Cézanne Saison - Crabtree Brewing Company

Gooseberry Cézanne Saison
No picture uploaded.

Crabtree Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Howler89 on 01-06-2014)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by Howler89:
Howler89

4.35/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Very cool to be adding a beer to BA and for this to be the beer. I uploaded a pic and hopefully it will get approved? The final and most exciting beer from my saturday evening purchase over at Small Batch Liquors here in chilly Denver.

Crabtree has very rarely disappointed me but I've really only had their special release stuff. The apricot was epic so I took StonedTrippin's advice and took one of these babies home because he told me that this bottle takes the series to its climax and beyond, and boy was he right.

I dont know much about Gooseberries, but what I do know is that the nose on this beer is taking me for a ride to the stars and back. Holy cow! Whatever gooseberries are they sure know the path to my heart. Off the hook!

This strawberry colored bubbly wonder-ship has got it all. Sexy looks, outrageously bubbly in the mouth. Wow! Just... Wow. So alive in the mouth I literally have to take an extended break between sips to keep my tongue from going numb. It gave that away in the pour too. A gentle pour accomplishes nothing here. The liquid incinerates into strawberry white bubbles as it slides down the length of the glass. It literally took me 10 minutes just to pour the first serving.

The taste is everything you want it to be. Funky and fruity. Lord have mercy! Just Wow.

A

01-06-2014 05:33:19 | More by Howler89
appetiteforparis

3.75/5  rDev -9.4%

02-16-2014 22:04:04 | More by appetiteforparis
StonedTrippin

4.33/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

a really special release from crabtree, among their best work so far, this is splendid brew, has holiday written all over it, but also i think retains some relevance around the calender. gorgeous thick jammy red/pink color, and a head that cannot be reduced with a graceful pour. it just keeps rising, rose pink and looking like whipped cream, rising some four or five inches in my wine glass and not fading a lick. the nose on this is tart from the berries, and only minimally sweet. its got a great saison type yeast, belgian in nature, and a wheat malt base that serves as the vehicle for the fruit. the taste is fruit forward without being artificial or sweet. very authentic fruit, which really is the dominant flavor throughout. a treat for those of us who dont get fresh gooseberries very frequently. brilliant carbonation and tart dry finish, the best of this saison series in my mind. i would buy this again in a heartbeat.

01-06-2014 18:01:13 | More by StonedTrippin
Gooseberry Cézanne Saison from Crabtree Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.