Aces High - Cambridge Brewing Company

Massachusetts, United States

Belgian IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: clegolfski on 07-26-2010

4.06/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Cloudy, orange amber color. Nearly no head and it settles to rim bubbles. Some spots on the glass.

Sharp, dry hop with a strong Belgian yeast aroma.

Bitter with a light Belgian bite from the yeast. Full bodied with an elevated carbonation level. Very true to style. (270 characters)

3.15/5  rDev n/a

This beer was touted as a Belgian Amber ale with Sorachi Ace hops.

First, it pours a surprising dark brown (less reddish-brown-amber than I was expecting) with a nice head.

Scent is citrusy/herb (lemon verbana maybe?).

Mouthfeel is very carbonated, nice and refreshing.

Ok, so, I wasn't super wild about this beer for a couple of reasons that are potentially more personal than anything else. I find this beer to taste like chewing grass clippings, I did not get the lemony/citrus/palette cleansing wonderfulness that other people did. Maybe I'm weird but I tasted dill first, grass second, and mustard greens third. Again, weird. I will say the shock of a dill beer did make me laugh so it was an enjoyable experience, but I wouldn't have been able to have more than one. I also found it shockingly bitter and moisture sapping. (834 characters)

4.7/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Aces High
A - Pours a nice amber color with white head that disappears quickly. Little bit of lacing.

S - Bright and citrusy there is a yeast character too that provides a nice earthy background

T - Very similar to the Audacity of hops but with a citrus twist. They really hit the "Belgian IPA" Category that I so love. The earthy taste of the CBC yeast strain is there but those Sorachis make this a great summer beer. The hops are not overwhelming at all and serve a great counterpoint.

M - nice and well rounded.

D - All day... finishes so nice and in such a refreshing way I love it. (601 characters)

Aces High from Cambridge Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.