Collaborative Groove #1 | Cambridge Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Cambridge Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States | website

Style: Scottish Gruit / Ancient Herbed Ale

The beer is a collaboration gruit brewed with Magnolia Brewery and Sutton Cellars.

Added by axeman9182 on 06-12-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
4/5  rDev n/a

Small 5oz pour in a teardrop shaped glass at the ACBF post festival brunch 6/5. This one wasn't in my original drinking plan for the day, but I couldn't pass up a crack at a CBC collaboration brew that they only had 5 gallons of to put on tap.

Collaborative Groove #1 pours a burnt orange. It's mostly clear, with just a little bit of haze to it. There's a solid, nearly two finger crown of off white foam sitting atop the beer that fades after a minute or two. The nose is utterly unique compared to almost every other beer I've had. It smells like I'd imagine an apple cider flavored with herbs would. There's also a slight warming sensation (that doesn't even approach boozy) that lets me know there is in fact some alcohol in this concoction. My neighbor at the bar remarked that the flavor reminded him of a champagne toast, and while I can see that, apple cider still hits closer to home for me personally. There's also a bit of honey in the flavor that didn't have a presence in the aroma. The body is pleasantly creamy and full. The carbonation is understated, all the better to let the beer's sweetness shine, held in check by the earthy, herbal notes. I've never gotten a chance to try CBC's regular Weekapaug Gruit, but if it's anything like this brew, it's gotta be pretty tasty and unique.

Collaborative Groove #1 from Cambridge Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.