Follow our progress ...

Steady As She Gose | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Style: Gose

Added by ONovoMexicano on 07-15-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.59/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at O'Niell's in Nob Hill, this beer was apparently brewed at Beer Camp by two guys from O'Niell's (a bar in Albuquerque).

The beer arrives in a pint glass and has a pale straw color with some golden hues. There's a thin white head that persists exceptionally well, aided by an aggressive effervescent carbonation.

I'm thrown off by the fruity, peachy aroma that is most prominent. There's a tad bit of lemon peel and wheat, and I don't get much coriander and no salt.

The taste is pretty consistent with the smell, but the coriander shows a bit more. I still get the fruitiness, I still think it's peach, and some lemoniness. It's slightly sweet, malty and wheaty. The salt is impossible to detect.

This is heavier than other goses, more malty, I'd say. It's really not tart, but it has the bubbly sensation and some dryness.

I'd say it's not a bad beer, but it disappoints as a gose for the lack of salt and tartness.

Steady As She Gose from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.