Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Alström Bros
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

I remember having this beer last year. I loved it then and I love it now!
The only issue I have is that the finish, to me, is slightly MORE bitter than I recall.
I am drinking this first brew of the season from the bottle - the next will be in a glass
Up yours!

Sam

bassboneman, Nov 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

Does not drink like a wet hopped beer. Its missing the fresh hop smell and flavor. Not a bad beer but it wasnt great either.

Jeff_whitman, Nov 10, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

I have enjoyed this beer many times over the years, but this year is the first that Sierra Nevada has been local to North Carolina, so I've never had one this fresh before. Bottled on 9/26/14.
Aroma: piney, but not overwhelmingly so
Appearance: very nice orangey-amber-brown with delicate lacing
Mouthfeel: just right, not too watery, but not chewy either (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Taste: More balanced than I remember, but my hop tolerance is so high now that what would be insanely bitter to others is meh to me. Leaves a very nice, just the right amount of bitterness, aftertaste. Very drinkable.
Overall: One of the all-time classics, getting it fresh - BONUS!!!!

peabody81, Oct 21, 2014

markcobb, 18 minutes ago

Critters, 55 minutes ago

So I go to Costco to get stuff, and would like to find a case of Torpedo but no they don't carry that. I see Celebration IPA in a case. Its an IPA and i love most other Sierra Nevada beers so I think, it should be something special. After all it is a "Celebration" seasonal been and should be something special. I get it home, eager to try, pop one in the freezer hoping I haven't just bought a case of duds. Well, on my first try I am underwhelmed, in fact disappointed. The copy on the side of the case says "fresh hopped". I think that means at the very least a Hoppy experience like Torpedo (which I love and maybe that's the problem). It also says hints of citrus and PINE?!, Well if it were me I wouldn't use the word pine in copy about beer. Save it for the Potpourri at thanksgiving and Christmas.. and sure as hell leave it out of beer. The first taste in your mouth isn't bad.... then you get the after taste. If you want to say pine.. id say more like turpentine. Its not heavy its sort of a thin processed alcohol taste that's bitter, but not the good bitter an IPA should have but worse. If you are going to say Fresh hopped make it taste hoppy.. I'm so sad I bought a case of it. Xmas beer anyone?

msmithphotog, 55 minutes ago

NodakEric, Yesterday at 12:32 AM

pacole, Tuesday at 08:46 PM
4.75/5  rDev +14.2%

gobuccos, Tuesday at 08:45 PM
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.