Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Alström Bros
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

I have enjoyed this beer many times over the years, but this year is the first that Sierra Nevada has been local to North Carolina, so I've never had one this fresh before. Bottled on 9/26/14.
Aroma: piney, but not overwhelmingly so
Appearance: very nice orangey-amber-brown with delicate lacing
Mouthfeel: just right, not too watery, but not chewy either (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Taste: More balanced than I remember, but my hop tolerance is so high now that what would be insanely bitter to others is meh to me. Leaves a very nice, just the right amount of bitterness, aftertaste. Very drinkable.
Overall: One of the all-time classics, getting it fresh - BONUS!!!!

peabody81, Tuesday at 01:29 AM

George, Friday at 06:45 PM
4.38/5  rDev +5.3%

MLDucky, Friday at 06:40 PM
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

I've waited all year for this. Never disappoints.

Hayden34, Friday at 06:07 PM
3.5/5  rDev -15.9%

ronricorossi, Friday at 08:21 AM
3.98/5  rDev -4.3%

vutoq, Friday at 02:50 AM
3.5/5  rDev -15.9%

Well...it's another celebration. Solid as usual.I grabbed a sixer the moment it hit the shelf. It's funny, Sierra is putting out at least a dozen different IPAs a year these days, and aside from slight variances, they're all pretty much the same beer. That's not a bad thing necessarily. They're all good. But I'd like to be surprised once in a while. I think I might prefer the Boomerang IPA that just came out in their Snow Pack, but what's a little bit of a surprise in this one is that you can taste the malt profile a little more than usual. Some good caramel and toasty nutty notes in there. Of course, the hops lead the show. But I might go so far as to call this a well balanced beer.
The thing I'm curious about, and perhaps someone could help me out here, is that for the past several years they've been referring to the Celebration Ale as an IPA, but I'm all but convinced that ages ago their Celebration did not always fall into the IPA category. I wish I could go back in time and crack a bottle in 1990 to see for sure. There's a lot of other things I'd like to do if I could go back to 1990, but that's a story for a different website. Regardless, This is a delicious holiday beer from one of the best breweries on Planet Earth.

haulpass, Friday at 01:33 AM

Bearshawks85, Thursday at 06:01 PM
4.75/5  rDev +14.2%

Techichi, Thursday at 01:17 PM

Pours a reddish brown with a one and a half finger head. The smell is pretty evenly balanced between the citrus hops and the toffee malt. the flavor is milder than I remember. Nice hop presence but still a good amount of malt. It's good. Quite tasty, but slightly timid.

BenwayPHD, Thursday at 06:44 AM
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.