Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Alström Bros

MinnTwins, Dec 10, 2012

mcsauter82, Dec 10, 2012

Molson2000, Dec 10, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Dark amber with a nice head and lacing. Smells Hoppy but not grabbing my attention. Its surprisingly malty up front but soon turns over to the hops. Taste of citrus, pine, mint. Sweetness and spice, bitter throughout A medium body, and pleasant alcohol warmth. I Finally have a favorite holiday beer. December is going to see its fair amount of Celebration.

patpbr, Dec 09, 2012

UncleNeighborChris, Dec 09, 2012
4.73/5  rDev +13.7%

2012 Celebration Ale... my first try of this hyped beer.

Appearance: It's a nice darker amber that lets just enough light through to see how cloudy it is. Surprisingly little head on this, with a moderate pour. The next one will get poured more aggressively... Lacing on this one is thick and refuses to disappear.

Smell: Sharp, citrusy, piney hops. Nice.

Taste: I think I've died. This must be the afterlife. As echoed by many others here, this one isn't very balanced, but great nonetheless. The hops cut through everything else, but a spicy maltiness is present as well as some grapefruit citrus. Adult candy.

Mouthfeel: Medium-heavy body with a smoothness that's top-notch.

Overall: Wow... I've seen this beer hyped in the forum so I had to try it. No disappointment here. It might be in my top three favorites now. I'll have to see how I feel after the next five of them. My guess is fantastic. (Note: I am a hophead. If you are not, you won't like it as much.) Getcha some!

Winston_Smith, Dec 09, 2012
3.83/5  rDev -7.9%

Amber, cloudy, gorgeous. Nice creamy head--at first about two fingers but diminishing to a quarter inch. Lacing rings the glass. Poured into a mason jar. Smells of pine and citrus. Very refreshing and, well, celebratory. Excellent mouthfeel. A little oily, hoppy, and some malt--an excellent balance. Wonderful. A bite, too, but a pleasant bite. When I went to the beer distributor he bragged about having several cases. I'm glad because I mean to go back.

AdamPenna, Dec 09, 2012

2.75/5  rDev -33.9%

thegerm87, Dec 09, 2012

Schmuckles, Dec 09, 2012
3.9/5  rDev -6.3%

Well, it's that time of year again... Time to celebrate!
I get this beer every year in time for the holidays, and this year is no exception. I got my 6 pack with the seasonal artwork showing a nice cabin in the mountains covered in snow. Then I walked outside into the nice 70 degree December weather.
My house isn't covered in snow, but I like hops any time of year, and this one has "fresh" hops. That's pretty much all I taste. Piney hops with a pretty bitter aftertaste to get you in the mood for time around the Christmas tree. Hopefully I have been a good boy and will see lots of beer under the tree!

tastybeerinmybelly, Dec 09, 2012

Eaglefan344, Dec 09, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +2.2%

MrTana, Dec 09, 2012
4.68/5  rDev +12.5%

A: Clear amber-red with a very thin head that laces heavily. A thing of beauty.

S: Piny hops but with a malty-yeasty backbone. A really balanced scent, if such a thing is possible.

T: Caramel malts hit up front, completely unexpected from an IPA. The hops start creeping in after, lots of pine and a hint of citrus. Nice bitter back end without over doing it. Definitely some yeast flavors going on that I can't pin down.

M: The ABV is hidden perfectly. Has a great full body and low carbonation, which really lets the full palate shine.

O: I can't find a fault with this beer. I expect no less from the king of IPAs, Sierra Nevada.. but this just might be their best.

alexipa, Dec 09, 2012

JohnBender, Dec 09, 2012

trevorpost, Dec 09, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +2.2%

allstar255, Dec 09, 2012
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.