Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Alström Bros
Ratings: 9,372 | Reviews: 3,357
4.27/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance - 4.5/5
Bright, clear red orange, with lots of visible carbonation rising rapidly, forming several fingers of foam.

Smell - 4.25/5
Mild to moderate sweetness. Citrus and pine hops. Maybe a little malts, alcohol, and spice

Taste - 4.25/5
Very malty for an IPA, which I like. Pine-citrus hop flavor is very well-balanced with the rest of the beer. The hops are more mellow than I was expecting.

Mouthfeel - 4.25/5
Smooth, medium bodied, light carbonation.

Overall - 4.25/5
Overall this was a great IPA, I was very surprised as I don't like most IPAs, and like fresh hop IPAs even less. But this was good.

Great look, smell and taste. Outstanding !

3.15/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.25

Normally would make a list, but I just wasn't a huge fan of this beer.

2.5/5  rDev -39.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Mainstream taste and overall just an average beer in my opinion.

4.13/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A solid IPA, has a strong hop kick to it.

4.27/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

2014 release,

appearance: Nice amber color with a 2 finger white head
aroma: big hoppy fresh smell. lots of pine (Christmas tree like), grapftuit some citrus
taste: nice sweet resiny pine flavor with a subtle malt back bone and some more bitter citrus
feel: medium bodied, lingering carbonation
overall: delicou s ipa

I believe it's the best winter seasonal I've had.

3.85/5  rDev -7.2%

2014 Celebration. Beautiful dark gold color with a with a 2 finger head. Minimal lacing. Dominating piney, hoppy smell that is crisp and has an enticing aroma. Good hop and light citrus taste on the front end. Some earthy malts smooth over the middle before a strong but smooth hoppy finish. Medium body with medium-hirgh carbonation. A little bit of a bitter after taste but very well balanced for a fresh hopped IPA. Very drinkable and not too heavy. One of the better IPA's I've had, just not one of my go to holiday beers.

4.85/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A greeat beer year after year. 2014 is no different. A lot of hops and flavor, citrus but not sweet, spice but not peppery, bitter but not dry. A great combination worth coming back to year after year.

Fresh hops, but not too bitter

3.71/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Appearance is gorgeous ... beautiful amber red color, big head, nice lacing.

Otherwise, this beer doesn't appeal to me so much. It's not that I don't like IPAs ... I've rated over a dozen IPAs or DIPAs at 4 or above. But this IPA just seems mostly bitter and not interesting enough to my palate. I think I like fruity and floral IPAs, which this is not.

I'm generally a big fan of Sierra Nevada, too. So I'm a little perplexed by how much I differ from the crowd on this beer.

4.93/5  rDev +18.8%

Once again a world class ale from Sierra Nevada. The best beer that I have ever had.

4.45/5  rDev +7.2%

Awesome beer, one of my favorites

4.98/5  rDev +20%

Deep amber color with full fluffy head, cloudy with yeast. Rich cascade hops aroma, deep grapefruit hops flavor with balancing maltiness about 2/3 of the way.

This was the beer that hooked me on IPAs. There may be some emotional bias, but I still think it may be my favorite IPA. I can't wait to pick up a six pack of these every winter.

3.65/5  rDev -12%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Mostly citrus hops, but not stinging in its bitterness or hop profile...not particularly interesting or unique but fairly well balanced and medium bodied enough to be a good ipa option in the winter

3.18/5  rDev -23.4%

Didn't care for this one.

1.88/5  rDev -54.7%

Didn't really care for this one

4.22/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A lovely, deep amber. Aroma is mild, of hops: citrus and pine. Tastes and feels great, with upfront hops ending on a real piquant note. A little maltiness backing it all up. Quickly warming with high alcohol. Would make a great beer to have around for day-to-day consumption during these winter months.

4.15/5  rDev 0%

2014 Edition:

It's a good beer no doubt, but I was a little disappointed by the lack of hoppy flavor. There isn't a whole lot of what I would expect from an IPA. Tastes maltier, which I would expect from a winter beer, but not enough pine to balance it out. Could use a little more carbonation. Good stuff overall. I would drink it again.

Gave it a 4, maybe I'll change my mind next season.

4.05/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

This is a great beer for a Christmas Eve night by the fire.

4.05/5  rDev -2.4%

I'm not a big IPA fan but I found a lot to like about this. There was a ton of aroma and flavor from the hops, not just bitter. Some christmas tree-like pine notes made this a great holiday selection.

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Great balanced beer. Very drinkable and smooth. Makes me miss the holidays already.

3.88/5  rDev -6.5%

Inviting clear amber color; healthy head (a bit more than I would have expected); lacing present; I smelled more toasted grain than hops but overall lacked any prominent aromatics; balanced, but I found the hops to yield too much to an earthy maltiness. Overall: good but not great and nothing that made the flavor stand out to me. I recalled enjoying it more in years past. I will revisit next season. (8.5)

3.18/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Was a bit underwhelmed by this beer - I remember liking the 2013 and 2012 versions more, which is strange as I've seen the opposite from many reviewers of the 2014 version (which I what convinced me to buy it again). Balanced, but I was hoping for slightly more hop.

3.74/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

Very nice IPA but don't get the fuss.

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.